Association of Mineworkers and Construction Union (Amcu)

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Association of Mineworkers and Construction Union (Amcu).

2014-03-28 16:50

Stop the strike please!!!!!!!!!!

2014-03-29 18:04

Well done to kill our economy with these ridiculous strikes. We lose our biggest export product and the raise in salaries will increase the inflation.

2014-03-29 18:37

Stop strike

2014-03-30 12:38

This is beyond ridiculous and should be stopped as a lot of people are suffering whilst the few that is in charge of AMCU is living like kings forgetting that the members who's money they are spending has families that are starving!

2014-03-30 15:37

This is a demorilising action for the memory of Nelson Mandela. what he has fought for is being broken down to the ground. a prosperous,safe country has gone down the drain.

2014-03-31 05:20

Banned AMCU and allowed the people who want work.How can the biggest  producer of minirals in the world; Anglo American allowed that Amcu rule the lives of thousands of people and ruin the whole enviroment.

2014-03-31 08:04

I don't think the people realize the ripple effect of this strike. It is not just the miners and their families that are being crippled.... there are contractors, shop owners, mothers that cant get their childred to school, shops that are closing down.... old people and children that can't get medical attention... just to name a few!

They are destroying everybody's future!!!! Its not just a dispute of a wage increase .... it is the downfall of a country!

2014-03-31 08:21

Sick and tired of stikes in all sectors cripling our country there must be a better salution to these problems, and its disgusting to see how they break down and destroy property when these strikes are on!!!!

2014-03-31 08:50

The strike is legal, but the intimidation against people who want to work is criminal and action should be taken against the criminals. What about the human rights of the people and children who are forced to go hungry? Where are the police and our government?

2014-03-31 09:08

The longer the strike prevails, the more we all loose. There are No winners in this situation

2014-03-31 10:00

The fact that people are only entitled to what they have worked for, then only will they appreciate their wage with respect that it deserves.

The absolute madness of demanding R 12500 a month for jobs that are actually overstaffed is not only irresponsible but typical of the unrealistic expectations advertised to the masses who,s integrity and illiteracy is taken advantage of to promote gaining votes for power which is being irresponsibly used to destroy what has been developed in this magic country in less than 200 years.

The fact is, mining has become safer than driving on our treacherous badly maintained, corruptly managed and badly governed public road network. However the smallest incident in the mining industry generates unqualified generation of a Section 54 which normally end up in the dirt bin in any case.

Furthermore, the mines provide hundreds of thousands of needy jobs to many ungrateful people who stand at the helm of the dilemma that we are currently facing

However the powers that determine our future in this country do not have the foresight or the integrity to control the stupidity of the undemocratic, aggressive union movements that hold this beautiful country to ransom, fuelled by Greed and Laziness.

We should restart the mines using survival tactics with educated literacy, and absolute controlled numbers to man and manage production effectively and efficiently.

Hoping that the signing of this petition will make a small difference

Regards

Deneys Leih
082 800 1998

2014-03-31 10:28

The Unions are holding companies to Randsom , workers must be grateful they have a job !! Companies are going to mechanis operations and workers are going to loose their jobs if they carry on ...

2014-03-31 20:03

It is clear that AMCU is not taking in consideration the effect the strike will be having on the lowest paid workers in any company. Those are mostly workers that perform non essential services and are the first ones to be retrenched. Many families are unable to afford house workers and or gardeners and driving down Helen Joseph Ave in the morning will give you a clear idea of how many people have already lost their jobs due to the strike. We, as a company have already cur down on all non essential workers and are not extending any temporary contracts that are coming to an end. This means that up to 30% of our employees have already lost their jobs. I guess if that doesn't kick start government into action, then nothing will. Very smart talking about youth subsidies and job opportunities if the ones available are not coveted. In the end it's about a business making profit and for Anglo to keep a business going without making a profit is futile. We need a visionary in the likes of Margeret Thatcher.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-03-31 21:32

2014-03-31 22:12

This petition might have more effect if we can get people from all groups to sign it. I have found that speaking to some employees that they do not get the bigger picture and are flabbergasted when it dawns on them what is going to happen. Maybe we should try and get those people also to sign this petition as well as mine employees that really do want to get back to work but fear for their safety. The government should see that it is not only a petition for one group. Lots of people have access to Internet via cellphones.

2014-04-01 08:11

Amcu, isn't it better that more people have work with small salaries than little people with huge salaries? Do you know what you are doing to innocent families? People with children they had to provide for? I just want to tell you, I am not going to tell my God how "big" AMCU is, I want to tell AMCU today how huge my GOD is. You will not succeed. Enough people suffer from your madness

2014-04-01 13:10

Amcu are busy destroying lives and our city. This union must be stopped!

2014-04-02 06:08

Our Nation needs to wake up and see how fast we are going down. Why?

2014-04-02 06:19

the strike must stop,people are suffering do something about it

2014-04-02 06:49

it has been so long people are more than hungry and they want to return at work, I would like to ask the management to act wisely on this issues because other people have decided to die coming to work saying that it will be better for their children to suffer while they are no longer in this universe

2014-04-02 10:16

Stop the strike

2014-04-02 13:43

Confirm.

2014-04-02 13:46

I agree with the petition.

2014-04-03 04:53

I was a full time union rep at uasa and the duty of a union is to protect its members. Now how is amco protecting his members( they are losing everything they have and a lot is also going to lose there jobs) and also a lot of other people.Someone have to step in.

#50 Re:

2014-04-03 05:01

#49: -

good so