SAVE HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition SAVE HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS.

2015-05-09 10:36

This is a great local business

2015-05-09 10:38

Local Councillors should be disgusted with themselves and the treatment of this valuable local business

2015-05-09 11:19

Great place for something different. No justifiable reason to destroy something good!

2015-05-09 11:38

I use them regularly and have done since they opened
People will lose their jobs. HHS give al ot to charities which will stop if they do not continue business

2015-05-09 11:41

I signed this petition because my family & I have been going to Sheeplands for years - we buy plants, gifts, food all sorts of things there , My granddaughter loves the play area & we all like to see the animals & have refreshments in the lovely café. Makes me laugh really that a garden centre down the road -Ladds - is allowed to sell puppy farmed puppies, but Sheeplands are being hounded by people who really should get their priorities right !!

2015-05-09 11:48

Because this is such a beautiful place and it would be a travesty if it closed

2015-05-09 14:48

We want Sheeplands to remain open. It is a lovely place to come for a coffee and browse and to purchase nice plants and vegetables

2015-05-09 15:34

I come to Sheeplands a lot and I will miss it dreadfully if it had to close. It is far more Customer friendly that any of the other local Garden Centres, and very family orientated

2015-05-09 15:50

I like the diversity and quality of the goods.

2015-05-09 16:19

Given that I frequently visit Hare Hatch Sheeplands, I really wouldn't like to see this thriving business put into a chokehold by the council. There are some things which can be bought here which are unavailable anywhere else. Indeed, in today's economy, businesses do well if they branch out and try new things. The council are trying to stifle this. I implore you, do not strangle the life out of this well-established and popular location.
ReadingLad

#436 Re: Re: I wonder how much time and tax payers money WBC have wasted pursuing this dispute?

2015-05-09 18:14

#425: Mika - Re: I wonder how much time and tax payers money WBC have wasted pursuing this dispute? 

I will let you know what they come back with as this is just such a waste of money. I have a good Employee Assistance service through work so I might see if they can offer any advice on any further challenges we, the general public can make to WBC:

1) stop the waste of money pursuing this issue matter further

2) ensure HHS stays open as is, if possible. Maybe some concession with a few changes regarding what other third party companies still operate there etc. I think WBC really have an issue with so many third party companies operating on-site. If it was cut back a little to be more like a purer/true Garden Centre, without the flooring, double glazing company etc. it might stand more of a chance.

Has this petition been submitted to WBC previously? Is it worth starting one on the official GOV epetition site? I know you have to get that one to 10k signatures for it to be debated in the chamber at Westminster but if there was a serious push and mass advertising/canvass of Twyford and surrounding areas I cannot see we would not fulfil this figure, even if it did take some time.

2015-05-09 21:00

This guy has spent a lot of time and energy providing a great place not only for plants but if you have young children great play area etc.He seems to be getting more heat than required by the LA planning department. They have a job to do but they also have a level o f discretion. What he has done is not directly effecting anyone. Stop wasting public money fighting things that don't need your intervention.
Mika

#438 Re: Re: Re: I wonder how much time and tax payers money WBC have wasted pursuing this dispute?

2015-05-10 06:34

#436: ReadingLad - Re: Re: I wonder how much time and tax payers money WBC have wasted pursuing this dispute? 

Any suggestions and help will be very welcome by HHS.  Yes, WBC know all about this petition and the amount of support HHS has but they still choose to ignore what we, the residents want in our area. Theresa May even requested they sort it out and they have ignored her as well. HHS are dealing with bureaucratic robots not human beings. A govt petition would be good. Is this something you are willing to start up?

2015-05-10 08:23

It's a great local facility and I enjoy shopping there.

2015-05-10 09:47

An excellent facility I have used since moving to the area 20 years ago. I have seen them grow from strength to strenth offering wonderful plants at excellent value and a good range of other things. Lovely to potter around and a very welcome change from the likes of Wyevale who seem to have taken everything else over and offer a far inferior service in terms of value and choice. Are they flexing their political muscles here with the council?? Why cant local people have the choice they want. Everyone i speak to locally supports Sheeplands and I hope Teresa May will too!

2015-05-10 11:02

I use the facilities here on a regular basis and it would be such a shame for this to be lost

2015-05-10 11:43

Because we value the products Sheepland offer. We are also very disappointed to find our that the animal farm is closing. Please do everything to save it!

2015-05-10 14:01

Please please keep them open. They are so kind and helpful to us disabled patrons.

2015-05-10 14:05

I came to visit my daughter and enjoyed my visit to
Sheeplands. It would be a shame to see it close.

2015-05-10 14:14

Because I passionately believe that Wokingham's refusal is being driven by covert pressure from Wyvale Garden Centres to close down a close competitor. Given the choice I consider that Harehatch Sheeplands Garden Centre is far, far better value for money and provides a superior service to Wyvale.

2015-05-10 14:34

Because it's a good garden centre. Very knowledgeable and very helpful.

2015-05-10 14:42

This is a proper garden centre where professional people give sound advise.

2015-05-10 21:32

Hare Hatch Sheeplands - a wonderful garden nursery, good farm shop and the addition of the Fish Monger is excellant! Friendly and attentive staff. Also enjoy the events I.e Farmers Market and talks by the local Horticultural Society. Also a good meeting environment with friends. Definitely as asset to our village and surrounding area!

My Husband Mr David Hoare and neighbour Ms R. Crick more are supporters and use yr facilities frequently.

2015-05-11 07:14

I enjoy visiting and the quirkiness of what's on offer - something for everyone - or was!! Love the farm shop and finding bargains in the garden centre.

2015-05-11 08:21

Sheeplands is a hugely valuable community resource which should be supported - not victimised by WBC.

We've been bringing our young kids there for the past few years as it is THE most child friendly venue in the area. What a shock to both us and our kids to find out yesterday that the play area and farm have now had to be closed due to the myopic actions of WBC.