Remove TJ Brown from his position of authority

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Remove TJ Brown from his position of authority.

#101 Re: Concerned Citizen

2014-04-24 18:17

#11: - Concerned Citizen 

This is the dumbest rant i have ever read!  

#102 Re: Re: Concerned Citizen

2014-04-24 18:22

#101: - Re: Concerned Citizen

actually, this petition is the dumbest rant

Logical

2014-04-24 18:23

If all of you blasphemous people knew of these heinous crimes and behaviors of the Bloomfield Police Department before now, why wouldn't you have found a way to report them to the community? Or started a petition? People with morals stand up for what they believe in and DO something about it. They do not react to the actions of others by after-the-fact referencing ill will in a blog! Fearful for your fellow citizens? Maybe, but incapable or unwilling to SPEAK up until someone else says something first. Since all of you righteous do-gooders are out to save an "innocent" officer and knew of alleged corruption, but did NOTHING about it, what have you to say for yourselves? Mr. Calder was willing to do what he thought was right immediately. I haven't seen a reference of a police investigation report for derogatory comments, spousal abuse, or the like. Keep following sheep...

#104 Re: Re: Re: RE #4,5,11,15,16,18,20

2014-04-24 18:26

#28: Z. Yazzie - Re: Re: RE #4,5,11,15,16,18,20 

I am wondering what you actually read. Nothing in any statement i have seen said anything ethnicity.

Maybe, just maybe

#105 Re:

2014-04-24 18:44

#103: Logical -

Maybe, just maybe this was all brought to the attention of Human Resources and the City Manager. This would be the way a governmental system should work. Using the avenues to bring concerns and problems to the attention of the City Government. But maybe, just maybe the managers of the city decided not to act on the information and decided to look the other way. Even after previous employees sued the city over just such incidents. This would be something to look into. Just saying

#106 Re:

2014-04-24 18:53

#94: -

Hopefully the DA will drop the charges!!

#107 Re: Re:

2014-04-24 18:56

#106: - Re:

The DA wouldn't have anything to do with that. That is civil court not criminal court.

Logical

2014-04-24 19:00

So when government doesn't act for the people they represent, what happens??? People seek other avenues of justice such as bringing egregious acts to the attention of the citizens the government should serve. Had I have been presented with information regarding some of the actions alleged of other officers in this forum with legitimate, referenced police investigations to back them up, action to sign a similar petition may have been taken by many citizens! What if the officer accused of domestic violence with a case to back it up was dismissed for a "legal" loophole, would you not be outraged knowing in your ethical mind that spousal abuse is not acceptable despite what the LAW may say? Where is that police investigation and petition...I'll sign it!! Sex with consenting teens is also not acceptable in the eyes of many despite what the law says. Those of us who have been failed by our government are exercising our American right to express our thoughts and beliefs in a civilized forum.

#109 Re:

2014-04-24 19:01

#97: Family Member of BPD -

I wouldn't be so quick to defend the female officer. I know she made some of her own accusations that were false against other BPD members.

chemical X

#110 Re:

2014-04-24 19:04

#108: Logical -

Tell Josh hi for us unless you are Josh under a different name.

#111 Re: Re: Re:

2014-04-24 19:08

#107: Guest - Re: Re:

It's called sarcasm!!

#112 Re: Re:

2014-04-24 19:10

#110: chemical X - Re:

Hmmmm......wonder why your name is chemical X............sounds like you're under the influence!

Survivor Fan

#113 Re: Re: #110 and #86

2014-04-24 19:11

#110: chemical X - Re:

It does seem to be the same rhetoric Josh has been spewing. Hey wait, I believe you were voted off the petition site. It has been spoken, put your torch out and go home.

Logical

2014-04-24 19:12

I am not Josh...just a believer in his efforts and aghast at how willing many of you are to ditch your virtues for the sake of an argument.
C'Mon Man!!

2014-04-24 19:26

Riddle me this since it sounds like some of you are possible fellow officers of Mr. Brown and/or other law enforcement...let's say you make the slightest mistake when issuing a citation or fail to read a Criminal their rights? What happens in court? The case is dismissed because of a LEGAL technicality. Did the criminal or offender still do wrong in your eyes? Yes they did! Otherwise you would not have written the ticket or placed them in cuffs, right? The reporting juvenile was wronged because of a LEGAL technicality. The criminal is off the hook free to do it again. If anyone should know the way of criminals...especially those who are let off the hook, it should be law enforcement!

#116 Subject

2014-04-24 19:44

I think it's so ridiculous how all of you people who are calling Officer Brown a "criminal", "sex offender", and other acquisitions is just because someone who just made this petition out of spite is trying to make you believe that Officer Brown is just this terrible terrible person. Everyone is so stuck up their butts in the delusion of what they think is correct about Officer Brown, to realize that all of your arguments have been opposed with the truth. All you are doing is just repeating the exact same thing that another person said with a different screen name and worded differently. As many people have said before this petition is ridiculous and unneeded. I honestly do hope Officer Brown comes back at this district with a lawsuit and wins.
Actions

#117 Re:

2014-04-24 19:48

#115: C'Mon Man!! -

No legal technicality is involved in this. He did this consentual disgusting action all of his own free will. He will be judged once he comes before his lord and savior.  God have mercy on his soul.

2014-04-25 02:35

Why are we even discussing the creator of this petition or other officers who may (or may not) be all they claim? Eleanor Roosevelt once said "...small minds discuss people." More than a few of the comments I have read appear to be someone with a bone to pick. Give me verifiable facts, not a rant. Or – better yet - do something about the rampant corruption you claim to have knowledge of. I'm not saying I don't believe that SOME law officers - sometimes even entire departments - aren't corrupt, but I am not going to go on a random internet poster's word about what is going on inside without seeing something to back it up. That just seems irresponsible, especially since it sounds like half these comments on both sides are being made by people who may be closer than they are admitting. Names are being thrown around with familiarity and there is entirely too much insider “knowledge” be it fact or fiction. I’m surprised the media isn’t having a field day.

Anyway, I have a couple of thoughts on the matter (not the person, genders, or race because none of those are relevant and therefore should have no bearing whatsoever in this discussion).

To me, this is the same as if a teacher or administrator obtained a student's information through the school system. Regardless if said authoritarian had met the student previously, if that system was used to track down anyone – minor or not - in any way except for official use, I would think that the person obtaining that information would be considered somewhere on a scale between untrustworthy and a predator. Even if that person was found to have not victimized anyone because it was consensual, (in my opinion) giving that person access to other's information again would be gross negligence. Kind of a burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on me kind of deal. I'm 28 and I'm sitting here thinking that seducing or allowing myself to be seduced (much less coercing, IF that was the case) by a 15-18 year old shows more than just a lack of judgment.

Also, I feel that stating things like "God have mercy on his soul" makes Christians sound so incredibly judgmental. I'm a sinner, you're a sinner, we're all sinners. And get this...if you're a Christian we do serve a merciful God. Thank heavens, because we will all be judged one day. There are at least several people reading this; please remember that honey attracts more flies than vinegar.

OK. Bible thumping over. Let the BPD officer roast continue, since it really appears that is what this thread is.
Retired Police Officer

2014-04-25 02:40

"Brown used his police resources to identify and contact the juvenile. A sexual relationship ensued and lasted through the summer months of 2010. The juvenile came forward because he felt there were other potential juvenile victims who were being targeted. Farmington Police Dept. conducted an investigation case #13-56742 and even though a warrant was written, charges were never filed."

The only thing in this statement that is true is "Farmington Police Dept. conducted and investigation case #13-56742." The rest of the information is either inaccurate or taken from some other report. No where in the investigation was it proven that Sgt Brown use police resources to track down the individual in question. No where in the report is it stated that a warrant was written and yet no charges were filed. It does state that due to the boys age, the DA did not file charges due to the state law saying 16 is the age of consent.

At no time does the report state that the boy lied about his age. As to why the boy came forward later, he stated he was "afraid" that Sgt. Brown and his boyfriend at the time may have other victims. This again was not true. Neither Sgt. Brown nor Mr. Lucero knew the actual age of the boy at the time until MR LUCERO himself checked as stated in the police report.

From what I have been told by several people there are a lot of problems with the Bloomfield Police Department. The chief himself has stated that he doesn't want "faggots" working for the department. The Lieutenant himself has been involved in domestic violence, he uses a department issued patrol car to go to his second job at Autozone. From what I have learned through research is that the police department has purchased handguns and issued them to the City Manager. City Councilors have been carrying weapons purchased by the city.

So before judging what is going on with Sgt Brown's personal life someone should be looking in their own backyard before pointing fingers.

#120 Re:

2014-04-25 03:17

#119: Retired Police Officer -

Yesssssss!!!!!!! You are exactly right!!

Think About It

#121 Re:

2014-04-25 05:48

#115: C'Mon Man!! -

Exactly !!! Thank you. These charges were dropped because of a technicality ONLY. I see people talking about a wife beater on the force- well Im pretty sure the spouse is over 18. If a grown adult woman doesnt have the courage to speak up or leave an abusive relationship, then how can we expect a minor to make a wiser decision ?? Who was he supposed to call for help ?? The Police ???? Even if he spoke up sooner- he would still have to talk to a Police Officer. If not in BPD, FPD, APD, Sherriff - someone in a Police Uniform. If someone broke my trust I sure as heck wouldnt talk.

SPEAKING from Experience- coming forward after being abuse is not easy. People need to realize the mental turmoil this individual has gone through for the last 5 years. If it took him this long to come forward, then maybe this is what he needs to have peace within himself. Not to be judged for what he did, but to right a wrong that was done to him.

I hope that those of you that have 16 year olds in your home really think hard about what you would do if this was your child ? What hasn't been mentioned is, this is not the first time this has happened. Would you change your minds if you knew that parents of another "minor" came forward and wanted him investigated but could not get "ENOUGH" information, facts, evidence etc.  to press charges ?

Mark my words this will not be the last time we hear about TJ.

Once an abuser -Always an abuser.

#122 Sgt. Brown has done no wrong!!!

2014-04-25 05:55

No were in Farmington's investiagtion does it say that, Sgt. Brown used his police recources to locate this person. Sgt. Brown has been cleared from anywrong doing by three different departments. No warrants were issused, and Sgt. Brown, was never charged with any crime. New Mexico law clearly states, that the age of conscent is 16. It doesn't matter if one person is 16 and the other is 90. As long as both parties agree It's legal. I for one would never sleep with anyone younger than 18. Everyone has different morals. I feel that Sgt. Brown trusted this person. Does anyone know what this person looked like? Looks can be deceiving. Theirs alot of people in this world that look older, than they really are. Every cop I know or have heard of always uses their recources to investigate people they have met. That is wrong for a cop to do. Sgt. Brown did not use his recources. I for one know and so do all other officers know that using you're police recources is againts policy. I do not understand why Bloomfield P.D. (K-9) officer Josh is posting lies about Sgt. Brown. I have lived in this are all my life. This all comes down to Josh and the upper brass in Bloomfield P.D. hating gays. Josh is upset because Sgt. Brown was cleared of doing no wrong and that he is gay. Almost every officer in Bloomfiled hates gays. I have never heard of one person talk bad about Sgt. Brown's performance as an officer. The citizens (especially Josh) should be more concerned about all the corrupted officals in the P.D. and city. I dont understand how the Lt. can have all these DV complaints and still have his job. It's obvious to me that the Lt. is beating his wife. He hasn't been charged, for the other officers are looking the other way. Thats just my opinion. Why does he get to take his cop car to his second job at Autozone. I personally have seen his cop car there while he is working at Autozone. That should not be allowed. That is a waste of are taxe payers money. Not to mention, Im not sure about the present, but I know that in the past the Lt's wife was on drugs. Tons of people know that the Cheif is dirty. Missing hand guns and ammo. That should never happen in any department. I could name much more, but what good would that do. I hope the Feds investigate the cheif, and all other brass and city council members. Maybe we should start a petition to investigate the city of Bloomfiled and the P.D.

#123 Think About It

2014-04-25 06:00

Brown is not an abuser. Were is your proof? That's right, your bracing you're thoughts and opinion from Josh's lies.

#124 #116 Subject

2014-04-25 06:10

Im with you, I hope Brown comes back with a lawsuit and sues the shit out of them. If I was Brown I would.

2014-04-25 06:19

We should all support josh. You realize how ignorant you sound and how dumb you are making BPD sound. This partition is for the removal of Brown so if you don't like it get off of here and express your concerns elsewhere. People get back to the facts of what this is about and quit slandering the few good officers left in this town. GOD knows we only have a few left and josh is one of them