Remove TJ Brown from his position of authority

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Remove TJ Brown from his position of authority.

2014-04-21 19:53

This guy should  no longer be a Police Officer.

Joshua Calder
The author of this petition

#2 Re:

2014-04-21 23:03

#1: -

I agree, thats why I have started this petition. I hope it makes a difference.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-04-22 15:00

#4 Concerned Citizen

2014-04-22 15:35

I'm appalled at this petition solely because if he was found guilty of this would justice not have already been served. He would have never been brought back to work. To point fingers and only hear one side of someones story is what we as society and Christians should be questioning. Show me one officer who has not been accused of violating some code of conduct or policy. I want to know why he was not fired if this is all true. If there was an investigation done by Farmington Police why did they not proceed with the warrant. It sounds like to me theres more then just a concern with what he is being accused of but more like there are issues with his life style. Have any of you spoken to this guy and asked his side of the story or are you all just judgmental people? I guess what people say about police is true. You are guilty until proven innocent or in his case guilty after being found innocent. So another words you'll eat your own to fulfill what you think is justice without proof. Otherwise I'm sure he wouldn't be returning back to work...or are you saying Bloomfield police department and Farmington Police Department our are not capable of conducting a proper investigation? If that's so we should be more concerned with all our law enforcement agencies and their employees, you included!

#5 Re: Concerned Citizen

2014-04-22 16:17

#4: - Concerned Citizen

I completely agree. If no charges were filed then why are you doing this? I'd like to hear his side of the story, until then I believe this is nothing more then singling out an individual for his lifestyle. This not okay and you should be ashamed of yourself. No wonder the people in our community are losing faith in the police around here. People like you are more of a danger to our community than Mr. Bown.

#6 Re: Concerned Citizen

2014-04-22 16:25

There is not a question of whether it happened, it was admitted. The entire problem lies inthe fact that the age of consent is 16 and thats how old the victim was. This has nothing to do with the officers lifestyle, this has everything to do with him taking advantage of his position and having a sexual relationship with a juvenile. The DA refused to press charges due to the age of consent but that does not mean he has not violated policies put in place by the city of bloomfield or that it is okay to have sex with a juvenile. He has poor moral character and does not belong in a position of authority

Joshua Calder

#7 Re: Concerned Citizen

2014-04-22 16:27

Well, the reason he was not fired is because the legal age of consent in NM is 16, So he did not violate the statutory definition of a child sex crime. Being in a position where the public trust and confidence is needed, having an officer prey upon the youth they are sworn to protect violates that trust. If you would like to read his side of the story contact the Farmington Police Dept and get a copy of his statement and just to be clear, I have. This issue has nothing to do with his sexuality, it has everything to do with an officer preying upon and taking advantage of those he is sworn protect. If you feel it is ok for a 28 year old police officer to use police resourses to id and pursue a 16 year old high school student, then dont sign the petition.

Joshua Calder

#8 Re: Re: Concerned Citizen

2014-04-22 16:32

#5: - Re: Concerned Citizen

If you would like to read his "side of the story" call the FPD with case number I provided in the petition. You can read not only his statement but the entire report.

#9 Re: Re: Re: Concerned Citizen

2014-04-22 16:43

#8: Joshua Calder - Re: Re: Concerned Citizen

If the age of consent is 16, then essentially state law is recogonizing that they have the right to have sex with whomever they choose, therefore they are a willing participant and not prey for anyone. I think by starting this petition who are putting your fellow officer at serious risk. That, sir, is wrong.

Maybe you should instead petition to get the age of consent in our state changed.

Joshua Calder

#10 Re: Re: Re: Re: Concerned Citizen

2014-04-22 16:58

#9: - Re: Re: Re: Concerned Citizen

Again, read the report, if you really feel that a 16 year old is of sound mind when making a decision of that nature read his words for yourself. Im not telling you to believe me, believe the person who reported it.

Anonymous

#11 Concerned Citizen

2014-04-22 18:11

I did some research on my own. You, Josh make me sick to my stomach. First of all, you your self are a Bloomfield, NM. Police officer as well. Second, you were charged with a DUI while you were a Farmington, NM police officer. If the Farmington detectives knew how to do their job correct and new the age of consent was 16, Sgt Brown would not be critized and backed stabbed by the weasel co-worker you are. It also stated that it was consensual sex, that means both parties agreed, in case you don't know what that means. Maybe you should write that down. Sgt Brown should have never missed one day of work. Also in Farmington's report, Sgt Brown said he meet him through a friend. Also in the report, there was another person interviewed by farmington, guess what Josh, that person also confirmed that they were introduced by the same mutual friend. Wow, and your a cop, Josh. In my option you don't deserve to wear a uniform. Also, you were a United States Marine, I too was in the Marines. I remember a saying, a Marine will never LIE, cheat or steal, you shot that to shit. I can only hope that your accreditation as a law enforcement officer is shot to shit and that no Judge or DA will ever except a case from you. It's obvious Sgt Brown did nothing wrong, if he had he wouldn't be a police officer at the least. Sgt Brown's sex life is no concern of your's, mine or the publics, that goes the same for the entire Bloomfield Police Dept. You Josh are slandering an excellent officer for no reason. Maybe your doing this because your ashamed of your self, maybe you did something else wrong and are trying make your self feel better. You Josh are nothing but a homophobic piece of shit. The only reason why you came out of the closet with this is because Of Sgt Brown's sexual orientation, some man you are. Your a spineless fraction of a man. One more thing, on your other site that you are slandering Sgt Brown on, your wrong again. Your saying he was 15, can't you get anything right. If your going to lie, at least keep your stories the same, you back stabbing homophobic piece of shit.

2014-04-22 18:19

#10: Joshua Calder - Re: Re: Re: Re: Concerned Citizen

I'm not saying I agree with what happend, but the law says they are of sound mind, therefore no wrong doing occurred and until that law changes, the officer in question did no wrong doing. And isnt that what we are talking about? I believe its the law that needs to change and you should focus your tenacious energy and "integrity" on that. This matter with Officer Brown should be handled in private and within your department and not publicly. You are putting someone who was not charged with a crime at risk. If he violated your departments policy then its an issue within and should be handled as such.

JPS

#13 Re: Concerned Citizen

2014-04-22 18:54

#11: - Concerned Citizen

Why do you hide behind a fake name and anonymous?  I have read your venom  when you were blogging about previous FPD Officers.  You have no credibility period

Joshua Calder

#14 Re: Concerned Citizen

2014-04-22 19:06

#11: - Concerned Citizen

Well "concerned citizen" i believe we have identified who the real bigot is here. I never said i was without sin, however, when i jeapordized the virtue of my department i quit. I did that so the negative light would remain upon myself and not the fine officers that i served with. You are right with one statement, i am not proud of all i have done in the past, however i own up to my mistakes, learn from them, and move forward.

The conduct of of an officer is the public's business as they are public servants and they hold the public trust. it is individuals like yourself who make this about sexual orientation not the violation of the public trust. I worked with TJ for years prior to and after this incident. I could have cared less about who he courted until the reporting of this incident.

I will stand up for what i believe is right and fight against what is wrong, even if that means its one of my coworkers. if you did your research then you should also know why Brown was fired from the Southern Ute PD, but you neglect to mention it in your ill concieved diatribe.

It seems to me that the integrity issue is something you need to look inward at, i have identified myself and stand my ground, can or would you do the same?

Anonymous

#15 #13

2014-04-22 19:07

You are also wrong. You don't know me and you have never read any prior blogs from me, for this was my first blog. I choose to stay anonymous for that's my right. I failed to mention that when Josh got his DUI he wrecked his motorcycle with a woman riding on the back. Best part is the woman wasn't his wife. How's that JPS

Anonymous

#16 #14

2014-04-22 19:16

You lie josh, you got out of your DUI charge because one of your buddies for the sheriff decided to wait three hours to give you your blood achool test. That being said you got out of those charges.

Southern Ute PD, yes that happended. That was bull shit. That was nothing but Ute's getting rid of a white boy they didn't like. Indian tribes can do what they want.
Logical

#17 Morality

2014-04-22 19:33

Dear Concerned citizen, First of all bravo on the stellar grammar and spelling! Additionally, credibility is a reflection of your character which is evident in your extensive use of profanity. You did spell all of those words right. You should work on the others. Moral: Considered right and good by MOST people; of or relating to principles of right and wrong in behavior. Obviously you don't have children of your own, nieces, nephews, or any friends that have children. Simply ask yourself how law would factor in if someone in a position of authority to children including teachers, police officers, etc. had a sexual relationship with a 16 year old male OR female? This happens more often with men and young girls statistically. The public reacts the same way! It is not acceptable! Legal, maybe...moral NO!

Anonymous

#18 #17

2014-04-22 19:46

I don't give a rats ass about my spelling, I'm not writing a book report. You don't know the moral, Sgt. Brown meet this person through a friend. He didn't run the person on his computer. It was through a friend of his. Sounds like this youngster lied about his age. I can't count on my own two hands how many times a female has lied to me about there age. I know I'm not the only one that has ever happened too. You ever stop to think that's what happened to Sgt. Brown. Males lie just as much as women. If you wanna go after anyone, go after the you that hid his real age.
mother

2014-04-22 20:27

None of us is perfect and we all make mistakes. There are different levels of mistakes and repercussions. I have a son that is 16 and I do not believe that he would be in any way able to make a wise decision when it comes to the issue of sex. He is still growing, maturing and needs to be protected from people of authority that would use their powers to seduce him. Male or Female.

Bloomfield Marine (ret.)

2014-04-22 21:14

Bottom line, you are endangering the life of a fellow police officer with this petition. You of all people should know that mistakes are made and no one is perfect. From what I know about your DWI, you yourself were endangering the lives of others, including the woman on the back of your motorcycle who was not your wife. Moral discrepancies happen and I believe you are both familiar with operating in moral gray areas.
He has broken no laws. This petition is irresponsible and clearly a self motivated, personal attack on Mr. Brown.
really

2014-04-22 22:01

I BELIEVE THAT MR BROWN IS ENDANGERING THE LIVES OF JUVENILES. I believe that the woman on the back of the motorcycle was not a minor and therefore was responsible for her decision. Haven't you ever given a ride to someone who isn't your wife?
TheRight

#22 RE #4,5,11,15,16,18,20

2014-04-22 22:16

Has our society decayed to the point where it is acceptable for an adult male to put his "manhood" where an adolescent male clears his bowels? Let alone the adult male in question is a community leader and authority figure? The type of person that our children can look up to and say "that's how I want to be when I grow up"? You people need to get a grip on yourselves... really?? You are basically advocating that our authority figures can be pedophiles! Your rationale is irrational... like bungee jumping off a six foot wall. It just doesn't make sense. The "man" addmitted to the offense, even if our screwed up judicial and legislative system doesn't recognize it as an offense, it's WRONG! Yes, I'm going there... and in the eyes of God and all good God fearing men and women across the land, it is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG! I can only pray people such as yourselves NEVER obtain positions of power and would be able to impose your perverse reasoning and ideaology upon the MORAL MAJORITY that makes up 80% of the population. I very seriously doubt that any of you have children of your own otherwise I think your perspectives might be a little different, and if you do have children and still think this way, I believe you need to be investigated in your private lives as well because something is amiss...
Joshua Calder

#23 Re:

2014-04-22 22:16

#20: Bloomfield Marine (ret.) -

Again i have made my share of mistakes, I however have faced them head on in the public's eye. I was found not guilty by a jury of my peers in a highly publicized trial. The fact that you continue to try to steer the focus back on me does not change what Tj did. The people here are concerned with his actions. i am not trying to endanger him i am trying to have him removed from his position so he can not endanger anyone else. if he is removed from his position he would also no longer be in danger. So maybe he should stand up and face the consequences of his actions.

If you  believe i am here because i want ill will for TJ you are, again, wrong. If the city wants to move him to another position and even give him a raise, i would go for that. I just dont think he should be a cop, sorry.

Joshua Calder

#24 Re: RE #4,5,11,15,16,18,20

2014-04-22 22:20

#22: TheRight - RE #4,5,11,15,16,18,20

Not to be a pain, but a pedophile preys upon prepubesent teens, a hebephile however preys upon post pubesent teens usually between the ages of 15-17. I believe that is what we are dealing with here.

Logical

#25 Unlawful

2014-04-22 22:32

30-9-13. Criminal sexual contact of a minor.
A. Criminal sexual contact of a minor is the unlawful and intentional touching of or applying force to the intimate parts of a minor or the unlawful and intentional causing of a minor to touch one s intimate parts. For the purposes of this section, "intimate parts" means the primary genital area, groin, buttocks, anus or breast.
B. Criminal sexual contact of a minor in the second degree consists of all criminal sexual contact of the unclothed intimate parts of a minor perpetrated:
(1) on a child under thirteen years of age; or
(2) on a child thirteen to eighteen years of age when:
(a) the perpetrator is in a position of authority over the child and uses that authority to coerce the child to submit;
30-9-11. Criminal sexual penetration.
G. Criminal sexual penetration in the fourth degree consists of all criminal sexual penetration:
(1) not defined in Subsections D through F of this section perpetrated on a child thirteen to sixteen years of age when the perpetrator is at least eighteen years of age and is at least four years older than the child and not the spouse of that child; or