Remove TJ Brown from his position of authority

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Remove TJ Brown from his position of authority.

Choose a nickname

#51 Subject

2014-04-23 18:16

You found not guilty because an cop friend helped you out there josh

2014-04-23 18:24

Anyone else would have lost his job and been convicted of sexual contact with a minor. What's taking so long? Where is the DA.?
Dirt diver

#53 Re: 52

2014-04-23 18:28

#52: -

You might want to read all the post so you can get a clear picture of the conversation at hand. I believe this has been answered already. Right Josh.

Citizen X

2014-04-23 18:33

#52: -

16 is the age of consent. The person in question was 16 at the time. Meaning, no crime was commited. The DA cleared him of the charges. You should read before posting.

RJC

#55 Re:

2014-04-23 19:10

#21: really -

First off give me THREE ways how he is "endangering the lives of juveniles". Second, obviously you have not heard/read the whole entire story. The 16 year old that TJ had relations with lied about his age. TJ trusted this kid to tell him the truth and he did not. That's all people really care about in this world anymore right? Who or who not to trust, that's what makes this crazy judgemental world go round. The woman on the back of that motorcycle was intoxicated also. My father, being a police officer for over 32 years and a military police officer for 10 years knows that all police officers learn and commit to protecting all citizens in and out of uniform. It does not matter if the woman was of age or not, Josh knew that he should've stood by that commitment and chose not to.

Un Proud Policeman

#56 Re:

2014-04-23 19:41

#49: Joshua Calder -

I don't condone sleeping with 16 year olds but I also don't condone fellow police officers omitting testimony in court to help a fellow officer out to beat a D.U.I charge. You where found not guilty only because you had the testimony of fellow officers that did not lie but also did not tell the whole factual basis of the incident so the jury you speak of did not have enough evidence to convict you of the charge. The brotherhood is tight and strong amongst law enforcement officer so long as you are white. I have seen and been apart of that brotherhood. Im not proud of it but it is what it is. Lawyers and Doctors do the same thing in our society which says what about us as a race. I would highly suggest you all read and learn all the facts in this pettition before you sign your name and have your name associated with half true facts and become a hait monger.

concerned citizen

2014-04-23 20:06

For years Bloomfield police officers have been known for being other departments rejects. From what I've personally seen and heard going on within the department I think you all should be ashamed of yourselves. Several of you have a shady history and it amazes me you were ever given a badge to begin with. You all need to stop stabbing each other in the back and grow up. Be the people you are supposed to be especially when you have that badge attached to your chest.
Parent

#58 Re: Re:

2014-04-23 20:08

#55: RJC - Re:

I don't think "protecting all citizens in and out of uniform" includes getting into bed with a 16 year old boy and inserting a penis into his anus.

1 Timothy 10 "and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching,"

Yolanda J.

#59 .

2014-04-23 20:19

Your audacity is unbelievable Mr.Calder, you stated earlier in comment #41 that you know Mr.Brown not only on a co-worker level but a personal level. Yet you sit here and judge and keep attempting to downgrade this Sgt after basically calling him a friend. When you typed this petition was there a character limit? If, not I'm not understanding why you didn't give more actual facts and information for people to see both sides. The petition you gave us to read and put our opinions into is completely one-sided, it's mainly your opinion on the incident (that has been closed by the court). When writing a petition, you need to state both sides of the matter and give the true facts. As a police officer you sir should know better. Mr.Yazzie and Lt. Alexander are completely on point about this situation. You have Mr.Yazzie, not even a law official who has learned the facts and putting it out there unlike you to show people the actual truth and you have Lt. Alexander who is a law official like yourself you also knows the true facts and the ways of law enforcement, both shutting you down. Good job at being a biased sob though.
RJC

#60 Re: Re: Re:

2014-04-23 20:24

#58: Parent - Re: Re:

Claps for you for giving me 1/3 reasons!!!! Oh and lastly, I would agree partially with what you said but then we both would be wrong.

Have a blessed day!

Joshua Calder
The author of this petition

#61 Re:

2014-04-23 21:25

#57: concerned citizen -

I suppose being the people we are supposed to be when we have that badge atached to your chest , as you put it, would mean protecting the innocent and the weak even against those we would call coworkers and acquiantances.

Joshua Calder
The author of this petition

#62 Re: .

2014-04-23 21:26

#59: Yolanda J. - .

in the petition i gave you the case number and the policy numbers so that you could review it for yourself.

Truth Seeker NM

#63 Re: Re:

2014-04-23 22:07

#61: Joshua Calder - Re:

So this guy who was by law old enough to make the decision to have consenting sexual relations but lied about his age anyways, is considered the weak and "innocent"? This man that is being accused of being a predator is not. He is a victim of a liar and his misleading instincts. Yes, he should have looked more closely into it but his mistake was that he did not. Josh, we all make mistakes. Some of us don't check potential sex partners ID's and some of us get on our motorcycles drunk. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Only one of those mistakes could endanger the lives of those weak and innocent citizens out there.

Your argument is falling apart Josh.

Former BPD

#64 Re:

2014-04-23 22:39

#57: concerned citizen -

I agree, this department is rotten from the chief down. Far to many rejects from the other departments. I would bet Josh was asked to resign form his former Police Department so he could leave in good standing for other possible law enforcement jobs. You know as well as I do that he went through an internal investigation. Even the LT is in trouble for domestic violence against his wife. This was investigated by San Juan County Sheriff's Department and is currently being reviewed by the San Juan District Attorney's Office. Yep, the same LT that took his wife out on SWAT calls. How stupid is it to take your wife that has no training at all to a possible shoot out with a suspect.  I believe this is why Josh feels he can do and say anything he wants without anything happening to him for his actions. This whole situation is sad and the only people that are hurt is the citizens of our community. What a black eye Josh has given his department and the officers that work there. But hey they are just as racist as he is. It's common knoweledge they all bad mouth Native Americans, Hispanics and now I would say gays in there roll call each and everytime before shift starts. If you Officers at the Bloomfield Police Department don't want the citizens to know about your prejudice and hate speech stop doing it infront of people that have to witness your outrageous behavior. Yep I have witnessed it first hand.

Yolanda J.

#65 Re: Re: .

2014-04-23 23:28

#62: Joshua Calder - Re: .

Okay, That still doesnt make it right for the petition to be one-sided.  Truth Seeker NM is right, your argument is falling apart. You know... if you're so worried about Mr.Brown "endangering the citizens" you might as well turn your badge in also. I mean at least Mr.Brown didnt drive while under the influence and crash a motorcycle with a civilian on the back, just saying.

Truth Seeker NM

#66 Josh Calder is a liar

2014-04-24 00:51

Do the right thing Josh, end this ridiculous petition. Having a cop like you in this town brings me no comfort. It is you who is a danger. You make me sick.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-04-24 02:05

Logical

#68 Consensual relationship

2014-04-24 02:22

If the young man involved with Officer Brown over 5 years ago (when he was 16) was in a consensual relationship, why would he feel compelled to bring this to the attention of law enforcement after all this time? Why now? How many of you have had a consensual relationship that you felt was acceptable and later called the authorities to report it?
caring

#69 Think about it

2014-04-24 02:47

This case should not have anything to do with sexual orientation. It should have to do with an adult having sex with a child, yes a 16 year old is still a child. As a parent, adult, public figure, or any other position you may hold, do you really want 16 year olds being persuaded by older people into having sex with them? Think back to when you were younger, how easy was it for an older person, especially one you looked up to or had authority, to persuade you into something? Should we not stand up for these children whom are too immature to stand up for themselves?
If this was a teacher and a student would you still think it was alright? If so then why are so many teachers loosing there jobs when they become sexually involved with a student?
If your truly feel it is alright for an older adult to be sexually involved with a minor, then you have no right critizing the many pedophiles we have in this area. And furthermore maybe you are one of the people we need to be worried about harming our children.
Concerned citizen

2014-04-24 03:13

Sex with a minor is sick. A sixteen year old child and a cop. Its discusting.

#71 Re: Think about it

2014-04-24 04:04

#69: caring - Think about it

It was condoned and yes he may be 16 but when you were 16 I'm sure you knew what sex was and maybe were even having sex. So to say that he was too immature to stand up for himself is wrong. 16 year olds know exactly what they are doing and when they are doing it, teenagers have the thought process to know what they are doing is wrong and can stop it. As others have said today "everyone makes mistakes" its not TJ's fault that the 16 year old lied to him about being older. Yes he should've looked into the person he was having relations with but he trusted this guy. Sex and/or relationships are not a one way street both parties are responsible for what is done. Both are victims. It was condoned meaning both parties agreed to what they were going to do.

KJ

2014-04-24 04:12

This petition is a joke. I wonder what this officer did to piss you off josh? Your seem to take these comments personally. You should be ashamed of yourself josh. All you're doing is making yourself and your department look ridiculous.
Logical

2014-04-24 04:55

None of you can address or speculate why the victim came forth over 5 years since the consensual relationship? If he agreed and felt that was a comfortable time of his life that he has moved on from because it was "legal" and "acceptable, then why are ANY of us discussing this? If it was truly a healthy relationship, NO report would've been filed and Mr. Brown's career would not be in jeopardy. Guess what...the young man MATURED, realized the danger of a police officer with the means to gain information to prey on another 16 year old who may decide to engage in a "consensual" relationship. He didn't want ANYONE else to endure whatever turmoil he has endured the past 5 years. Conscious is a strong force in doing right.
C. Valdez

#74 Bottom line - Wrong is Wrong

2014-04-24 05:25

As I sit here reading these comments it's hard to figure out what some of you are thinking. This is a grown man that had a sexual relationship with a child. Being 16 you can Not make appropriate choices for yourself. At age 16 you can't get tattoo, piece your tongue or even enter a "R" rated movie without an "adult", but it's ok to have sex if the child says its ok? This is not about lifestyle. If this happened with a 16 year old female child I would still be disgusted. Wrong is wrong and turning it into a hate crime doesn't change that this is still a child. I hope that you that are commenting about "he did nothing wrong" don't have children. I for one don't want this sick pedophile anywhere near kids, especially mine. As for Josh- Thank you for having the guts to start a petition. Most people talk without action. I can see that you are speaking as a man, father, husband and concerned citizen not just as a cop. What's wrong is wrong and you TJ Brown were wrong. You still don't see what YOU did was wrong and you are not SORRY for what you did. This to me says that you will do it again. So for all you supporters out there - may you eat your words.
C. Valdez

#75 Re: Consensual relationship

2014-04-24 05:42

#68: Logical - Consensual relationship

It happens more often than you think. Children are molested all the time. After they are adults then they come forward and tell what happened. A child may not feel like they have anyone to turn to while the abuse is happening and wait years before coming forward. Children make mistakes all the time- we as adults are suppose to support them and guide them in the right direction to be descent and honest adults. Not have sexual interactions with them ! The generations have changed drastically, people who grew up in the 50's, 60's,70's and 80's grew up riding bikes without helmets, playing in ditches and building tree houses. Children that grow up now don't know how to communicate without cell phones, computers, ipods, Xbox or Facebook. They are not mentally mature.