Remove TJ Brown from his position of authority

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Remove TJ Brown from his position of authority.

TheRight

#26 RE #24

2014-04-22 22:42

Yes, by definition you are correct... and to insinuate that a man is a pedophile is a far worse charge... unless it was your own son it happened to then I believe the apples to oranges goes out the window. Regardless, I'm not saying his is preying on prepubesent boys, I'm saying it does not matter because the victim was a "BOY", a child... and it's still WRONG! He should not be reinstated to full duty at our exspense. This would only drive a huge wedge between the public and law enforcement. And when there is no respect for those that are enforcing the law, things get bad. I for one do not wish to see what "might" come from this. Nuff said.
Morals and Ethics

#27 Doing what is right

2014-04-23 00:14

It's amazing that "concerned citizen" seems to think that this acceptable behavior by Mr. Brown because "they" say it is legal. Well concerned citizen "they" are now telling you to go jump off a bridge and do the world a favor. It seems you are more than willing to blindly follow anyone or anything that tells you what is right and what is wrong. You are an idiot and I am sure the only Marine you have ever been was on a video game.
I applaud Officer Caulder for owning up to his mistakes in the past and learning from them. That is doing what is right. I also applaud him for standing up for what is right and bringing this to the publics attention, that is real courage. You could learn a lot from him concerned citizen and you should take notes.
What is wrong is that they are willing to put Mr. Brown in a position of authority to do this again. There are people out there that have been fired for less that were not in a position of authority, and yet Mr. Brown is going to be able to maintain his job as a Police Officer. A job in which the public is expected to fully trust Mr. Brown when they need his assistance. Not to mention to be a role model and protector of their children. Which is why Public Servants such as Mr. Brown are routinely held to a higher standards and are expected to have a moral and ethical code. It is obvious that regardless of Mr. Browns actions being legal or illegal, Mr. Brown willingly and knowingly compromised his moral and ethical codes. That is if he even has moral and ethical codes and the evidence points to no. I am sure that Mr. Brown and his boyfriend knew the victims age or at the very least had an idea of how old he was. And yet he willingly and knowingly pursued this child for a sexual relationship. At anytime Mr. Brown could of asked for ID or better yet, not pursued a child but someone his own age. That is the heart of the matter and that is why he should not be allowed to be an officer much less a Sargent. He has shown he has no morals or ethics and is willing to compromise anything to get what he wants. Is that who you want protecting you and your children? Is this the person that you want telling you what is right or wrong? Yes people make mistakes and no one is perfect. However, Officer Brown chose to make this mistake on multiple occasions violating the publics trust along with that of a young man.
It is a shame that the City of Bloomfield and Chief Kovacs allowed it to come to this. The city of Bloomfield will fight to have the ten commandments in front of city hall but not fight to have someone removed from a position of authority who knowingly violated a child and the publics trust. I know that if this is the way Chief Kovacs handles Bloomfield Police Department he will not get my vote for sheriff so that he can run that office the same way.
As for you concerned citizen you should feel blessed that there are officers like officer Caulder who will do the hard thing and stand up for what is right. For he will be the one protecting you and your children from predators such as Mr. Brown. That is if "they" allowed you to procreate and let us all hope they didn't.
Always do what is right, not what is "legal" or easy. Remember that someday it might be your child that Officer Brown takes advantage of and tries to say that its legal.
Z. Yazzie

#28 Re: Re: RE #4,5,11,15,16,18,20

2014-04-23 06:16

#24: Joshua Calder - Re: RE #4,5,11,15,16,18,20

I did as you pointed out about reading the Farmington PD report. After reading it I found it to be very short on substaintial evidence. And as everyone is saying the age of consent is 16. I was left with many unanswered questions so I called the Farmington PD and asked for a copy of the internal investigation of the incident and how the report was investigated. I was told internal investigation are not public record and not covered under the freedom of information act. This has left me with many questions as to the investigator and excatly what information must have been left out of the report.  I'm sure the Bloomfield PD did a indepth internal investigation as well since Officer Brown is back at work. By your actions you have decided to be judge and jury of Officer Brown. You have decided to disregard the criminal justice finding and also you feel you are more informed about the incident then your command staff.  What department rules and regulations have you violated by your actions and what civil litigation have you opened yourself and the department too by your defamation of character to Officer Brown. I feel the bigger picture here is just how prejudice and racist are the Officers of the Bloomfield Police Department. I see other Bloomfield Officers have signed this as well.  Our community has many ethnic inhabitants and I feel the department should be investigated for prejudice and racist officers. I for one do not think your actions are because of his violation of public trust. As the others have said you have violated the publics trust yourself and yet you continue as a police officer. I don't have a dog in this fight but what I do know is you have shown our community your true colors and I for one am very affraid to have you as a officer sworn to protect me and my family when I have very serious doubts you would perform your sworn duty because of my ethnic background. Sorry but that's how I feel.

The german

2014-04-23 13:12

I know the story and I have no idea who you think you are josh to do a petition like that. Tj brown is a great officer and did no wrong !!! He's life outside the PD is his life , when I was reading right you should look at your self DUI really , you have some balls really ! This petition should be remove , when you have trouble with Tj Brown then leave the PD and take dose other people who don't like him with you , then for me I do every think to not remove Tj Brown from the PD
Joshua Calder
The author of this petition

#30 Re: Re: Re: RE #4,5,11,15,16,18,20

2014-04-23 13:38

#28: Z. Yazzie - Re: Re: RE #4,5,11,15,16,18,20

Mr yazzie if you are telling the truth about reading the report what is the first sentence in the 7th paragraph of the original report? I am not judge or jury because that would mean this would be criminal in nature.

I have opened myself to no litigation as I am using my given right to petition my government. Tj is a white male like myself and many officers in our dept so your claim of racism holds no water in this argument.

Thank you for you concern, tell Tj hello for me.

Joshua Calder

#31 Re:

2014-04-23 13:40

#29: The german -

Wow, this looks like you let your cat walk across the keyboard and you just pressed enter.

Wake up Bloomfield

#32 Re: Doing what is right

2014-04-23 13:53

#27: Morals and Ethics - Doing what is right

OMG your real bright. You speak of morals and ethics and in the same breath say do what is right. You should always do what is morally, ethically and legally right. Jumping off a bridge....thats just to funny. A killer will in his mind feel it's right to kill people so he is doing what he interpets is right just as Mr. Caulder is. Is that right?? only in thier own mind because it sure isn't legal now is it.  Mr. Caulder did not own up to his mistake. We all know he was intoxicated and showing off to a woman not his wife. He should be thankful she didn't bust her head open and splatter her brains all over the place. If he would have owned up to that mistake he would have plead guilty. You are correct about the Chief tho.  He has allowed the department to become rasist and full of bigots who believe they set the laws and inforce morals of others. Kovac doesn't need your vote because he is going to have alot to answer for about missing weapons and funds that he has embezzled from the department. Oh yes, I was an employee of the city but not at the police department. You don't know half the story that is about to unfold with the morals and ethics of the Bloomfield Police Department. You won't be reading it on a hate mongers petition either. It will be all over the news once the Feds bring it to the light. It's funny Kovac is trying to slid out of the department right now but he will be fitted with braclets real soon along with you other racist bigots.  This community deserves better in it's police force. I say get rid of everyone of you and just clear out that snake den.

Z. Yazzie

#33 Re: Re: Re: Re: RE #4,5,11,15,16,18,20

2014-04-23 14:08

#30: Joshua Calder - Re: Re: Re: RE #4,5,11,15,16,18,20

I stand by my previous statement. I don't know this TJ and for you to think Im friends or have anything to do with him is wrong. I simply wanted to know what you where talking about so I looked into it for myself to find the truth in the matter. I do have a back ground in law and I can very safely say yes you have opened yourself to civil litigation. Anyways I take care of my own family and do not nor want your or your departments protection.  I simply wanted to make a point that I had discovered about the situation and now you want to attack me because I spoke out. This just goes to my arguement about the police department and the officers employed by it. I wouldn't be surprised to find you pulling me over and violating my civil rights next. Just remember I will have it video recorded so make sure I have violated the law and not just contempt of cop.

#34 Re: Re:

2014-04-23 14:42

#31: Joshua Calder - Re:

very mature response, mr. calder. wow.

Pamela Begay

#35 Re: Doing what is right

2014-04-23 15:09

Right, because its ethical and moral to tell someone to jump off a cliff. I do not agree that what happened was okay in any way but its not okay to fire back with such hateful comments. Hate and prejudices are what is tearing the community apart. Also, the ten commandments have no business at city hall, you might want to look over the constitution where it says 'seperation of church and state'. And I say that as a God fearing christian woman.

And "they" didn't say it was legal. NM state law did.

Joshua Calder

#36 Re: Re: Re:

2014-04-23 16:01

#34: - Re: Re:

Just how am I to respond to such an incoherent statement?

Joshua Calder

#37 Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RE #4,5,11,15,16,18,20

2014-04-23 16:05

#33: Z. Yazzie - Re: Re: Re: Re: RE #4,5,11,15,16,18,20

I see you managed to reply, yet, you could not or would not post the requested information. From that I can only deduce that you either have not read it, as you state, or you believe that what it says is wrong.

#38 Re: Re: Re: Re:

2014-04-23 16:12

#36: Joshua Calder - Re: Re: Re:

perhaps this person doesn't speak english very well, yet took they time to try to articulate their thoughts on the matter. it just shows your character and intolerance. you didn't need to respond at all if it was "incoherent".

Joshua Calder

#39 Re: Doing what is right

2014-04-23 16:18

Just to be clear Cheif Kovacs did not know about me starting this petition. It is my belief that Cheif Kovacs has his hands tied on this matter. Perhaps when he is retired at the end of next month he will be able to take a stance on this one way or another. I would urge those who have concerns to contact him, i dont know what he would be able to say on this particular matter but i think you would have a better understanding of who he is.

LE Lt. Alexander - retired

#40 Travesty

2014-04-23 16:23

I was informed of this petition and I am observing a disgrace to the city of Bloomfield and its citizens, and more so to the law enforcement community. The Mayor, City Council, and the Chief of Police should be ashamed to allow its officers to act in such an unbecoming manner as you all are. Without a doubt you all are violating policies of the department, HR, USDOL, EEOC, and just moral decency by crucifying a fellow officer and human being, where is your shame? You are divulging departmental affairs and communications that are confidential to protect everyone involved in the investigation, to include the department itself. I would think that an accredited law enforcement agency and any outside accredited agencies that were involved in the investigation, to include the District Attorney would have been able complete Internal Affairs fact finding conclusion and make the appropriate determination to the accusations made, as they are entrusted by the community to investigate crimes against persons and property. You and any other officers involved in this onslaught of defamation are in insinuating that your agency could not handle an investigation properly, that your administration is inept, and justice was somehow miscarried. Where is your proof, you present nothing more than was insinuated before and investigated? How did Mr. Brown achieve a ranking of Sergeant if he was not an able, qualified, and exemplary officer in his job performance? You all have grabbed your pitchforks and torches and are attempting to destroy an individual for your own selfish reasons, whatever they may be. God knows

Romans 14:10 Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God;
Joshua Calder

#41 Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:

2014-04-23 16:23

#38: - Re: Re: Re: Re:

intolerrant, well lets look into this. I have had dinner with Tj on multiple occasion and have met his mother in doing so. I have attended social gatherings with Tj in our off time. i have been to Tjs house and he has been to mine. I have met his significant others and he has met mine. I used my personal time to help build his police dog.

furthermore read the last line of comment 23

Joshua Calder

#42 Re: Travesty

2014-04-23 16:43

#40: LE Lt. Alexander - retired - Travesty

What exactly do you mean "allow me to act?" I am acting of my own free will and employing the rights guaranteed to my by the 1st Amendment and the Bill of Rights. As a law enforcement officer you know that everything we do is public knowledge guaranteed by the Freedom of Information Act. The defemation you claim is the simple reiteration of the police report. so the defemation, if you would continue to call it that, is nothing more than the actions of the officer in question being brought to light. I could tell you of how Brown reached the rank of Sgt but that would be a violation of his civil rights.

I will gladly stand before the judgement of God when my time comes. Psalms 82:3

Z. Yazzie

#43 Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RE #4,5,11,15,16,18,20

2014-04-23 17:04

#37: Joshua Calder - Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RE #4,5,11,15,16,18,20

Ok, I will play your little game Mr. Calder. I call your attention to the supplemental report by Detective P.A Gonzales of the Farmington NM Police Department dated 11-14-2013. Paragraph 7, 3rd sentence. Inconsitancies throughout the two reports are in black and white. This is one of the many reasons I called and tried to obtain the Internal Investigative report. I also call your attention to paragraph 20. For everyone elses information Mr. Calder is talking about the age of the individual making the complaint. Paragraph 20 is San Juan County DA O'Brien's agreeing that no crime had been comitted and declined criminal prosecution based on the facts obtained in the investigation of the incident. So, Mr. Calder you are still on a witch hunt and have no legal facts to back your slanderous alligations of criminal conduct of a fellow officer. It leaves me to wonder why are you pursuing this with such venom. I think it's more of a deep haitred of your fellow officer. I wonder what the other officer did to make you so viscously attack him. Was it because of a promotion or did he write you up at sometime in the past in his official capacity as a sergeant. Maybe Im the only one to see this grave injustice that you are perpetuating to this officer. The Bloomfield Police Department and the San Juan County District Attorneys Office has cleared this officer of and criminal law violation along with the indepth investigations done by your department and the Farmington Police Department. You have a personal grudge against this officer and I see it plane as day. I don't like your methods of trying to get your way. You remind me of a little boy stomping his feet and screaming until someone gives into his wants. If you don't like the outcome of this incident then I would suggest you try your luck at another department and stop perpetuating your hateful and prejudice ethics on us the citizens of Bloomfield. Enough said, the District Attorney as well as your own Department has spoken.

2014-04-23 17:17

This is such an incredible showing how employees especially in law enforcement escape the true law being enforced ! Incredible neglect coming from Bloomfield and the surrounding cities!
Joshua Calder

2014-04-23 17:24

comment #41.

2014-04-23 17:27

So you and Tj are friends mmmmmhhhh let me see no friends don't hurt friends like that josh sorry !!!!!!!
Joshua Calder

#47 Re:

2014-04-23 17:39

#46: -

And cops dont sleep with 16 high school students!

#48 Re: Re:

2014-04-23 17:46

#47: Joshua Calder - Re:

or operate a motor vehicle under the influence.

Joshua Calder

2014-04-23 18:00

If your ok with cops sleeping with 16 year olds continue to defend him. I have faced my problems and been found not guilty by a jury of my peers.

#50 Re:

2014-04-23 18:06

#49: Joshua Calder -

he obviously made a mistake too and is facing it and paying for it as you did. he was also not found guilty of a crime. i dont think its ok for an adult to sleep with a teenager but did the 16yr old lie about his age? maybe his only real fault was not checking an ID? we all fuck up bad at some point. i have. you have. and now mr. brown has. let him move on with his life as an officer of the law and learn from his mistakes as you have.