Hands Off Hartlebury Common

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Hands Off Hartlebury Common.

2011-10-30 11:29

I don't assume that anyone's 'truth' is the truth, which is why I'm interested to see how the work on the common pans out.
An open area of oak fringed common, heathland, that has traditionally been well worn by the public for generations will still change over time given certain factors.

On any of these areas you could graze or not with varying results due to types of grazer, soil and plant structure, weather exposure, human traffic, new species introduction and length of project time. Rarely would two sites be exactly the same so what works on one site will damage another and vice-versa.
With the main damage being down to weather conditions and human foot traffic, I did sometimes wonder if the grazing scheme was simply to discourage visitor numbers (but the common seems well used still) as well as being a way to advertise that something is being done by putting work on public view.

What would you do if an historically naturally sustaining area had an influx of invasive flora, and existing flora and identity of the area was threatened by such? Should it be left to itself and ignored or not?

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2011-10-30 11:29

CAROL

#1628 STEVE AND TONY HAVE WON

2011-11-15 09:52

THANKYOU SO MUCH STEVE AND TONY
THANKS TO YOU TWO FANTASTIC GUYS
WE HAVE OUR COMMON BACK
WCC DO NOT OWN THE COMMON
GET OFF COWS!!!!!
nO MORE INNOCENT TREES TO GO!!!!!
ONE VERY EXCITED CAROL

thankyou thankyou

#1629 Re: STEVE AND TONY HAVE WON

2011-11-17 02:33

#1628: CAROL - STEVE AND TONY HAVE WON

Carol You're either bored because no ones bothered posting or youve been feed some right rubbish because nothing at all has changed since July 6th when Steve McCarron and Tony Barnett had their claim that the council didnt own the common rejected in court.

We still have our common and its owned by the council so put on your wellies get up there and enjoy the place.

2011-11-17 02:33

#1631 Re: Re: STEVE AND TONY HAVE WON

2011-11-17 19:50

#1629: - Re: STEVE AND TONY HAVE WON

also if you read this weeks shuttle, their appeal was thrown out as well. So now they have to pay costs, matter ended in my opinion lets enjoy the place and not get angry over very little

2011-11-17 19:50

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2011-11-18 00:36

2011-11-18 00:36

2011-11-18 09:44

#1636 CORRUPT COUNCIL.

2011-11-19 03:23

Just watch this space!!!
How come NO FURTHER ACTION was taken when Steve was last WRONGFULLY arrested the police DO NOT let people off for nothing!!!!!!!!
The council DO NOT own the common they cannot produce the CORRECT papers!!!!!!
The council have had the county auditor in and have been told they CANNOT put any money through their books that relates to the common!!!!!
Trish Hanes Chief executive of WCC could NOT show any REAL proof that WCC OWNED the common!!!!!
At least the auditor had more common sence than the STUPID judge that heared the case in the begining!!!!!!!!!!!!
All this shows just how CORRUPT WCC ARE!!!!!
All the CRAP about TAX PAYERS MONEY in the shuttle is TRUE that's what they will have to use cos they won't be getting any other funding!!!!!!!!!!!!
As for the SHUTTLE a CATTLE STAMPEDE has been reported to them where 8 CATTLE STAMPEDED TOWARDS 5 PEOPLE is they had not moved in time this could have been a fatal accident.This was reported the very next day the shuttle even took photo's at the common where it happened.Has this appeared in the paper NO why because the paper is hand and hand with the council,as for the SHUTTLE not even worth WIPING YOUR ARSE ON YOU WILL ONLY READ WHAT THE COUNCIL WANT YOU TO HEAR!!
When all this comes out THERE WILL BE CHANGES.
RANGERS WILL GET THE CHOP!!!!
CORRUPT COUNCIL WORKERS WILL TOO!!!!
We can all WELCOME THE COMMON BACK HOW IT SHOULD BE!!!!!!
YES I AM STILL SMILING WITH ME WELLIES ON
YOU WON'T BE FOR MUCH LONGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2011-11-19 10:45

2011-11-19 10:45

Carol

#1639 Some IDIOT that cannot listen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2011-11-19 22:38

I ent ranting mate I am celebrating cos it's happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you read what I have written???????????????
Funny how you are a guest cannot even put your name so you ent worth talking too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1640 Re: Some IDIOT that cannot listen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2011-11-22 13:06

#1639: Carol - Some IDIOT that cannot listen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

word is spreading that "council" for the objections to the fencing has withdrawn from the melie

2011-11-22 20:01

2011-11-23 09:57

I'd work that out to mean that: the 'council' (Tony Barnett maybe?) for the objections (those people who are objecting to the fencing) have withdrawn (or packed it in/stopped/given up) from the melie (all the trouble that has been caused).

Guest at 1640 would have to confirm that though?

#1643 Re:

2011-11-23 17:29

#1642: -

we understand the reason for "councils" resignation was due to the main objector looking for recognition status, however there has been no confirmation, or that the common will not still be a consideration, we are still in contact with council

2011-11-28 15:28

All seem to have given up now should have kept going but we will wait and see.The cattle are ok when not stampeding the loose horses seem very hungry just waiting now for some pigs goats may be a few sheep any turkeys any where or chickens seems all goes these days.Lets have a mini zoo why not the council will be charging to go on there before long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is all one big joke

2011-11-28 18:30

2011-11-28 23:06

Loose horses? Surely there aren't horses in with the cattle? There are tethered horses that are well looked after on the smaller area of unfenced common across the road from the main area of common.

2011-11-29 16:22

Carol.

#1648 Horses Looses

2011-11-29 23:31

Yes there are two horses loose on the main part of the common.One cream and one Brown,they do seem ok just give them a bit of a wide birth,if you have a dog.
Very sad but true.!!!

2011-11-30 12:26

2011-11-30 13:42