Hands Off Hartlebury Common

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Hands Off Hartlebury Common.

steve mccarron
The author of this petition

#1726 Conveyance is a fraud!!!!!

2012-11-19 21:30

Dear Mr Barnett

Further to your enquiry, I have checked with the Church Commissioners property department who confirm the information I have previously provided to you regarding their ownership of the common, deriving from their ownership of the Lordship of the manor of Hartlebury. They have also stated that there would have been a statutory declaration in 1968 confirming their ownership and not a title deed.

As well as the conveyance I've already provided you with a copy of free of charge we do have a file on Hartlebury Common which you are more than welcome to inspect at our reading room - details are on our Lambeth Palace Library website - http://www.lambethpalacelibrary.org/content/cerc.

Regards

Declan Kelly

Church of England Record Centre

2012-11-20 15:11

I knew nothing about the felling of trees on the Common until last week when it was mentioned on Midlands Today. I'm afraid the Council (for which I used to work) has fallen for the conservation scam promoted by all those bodies who are making vast sums of money at our expense.
The Common doesn't need managing but to be left alone as it used to be - and a very pleasant and attractive place it was to visit. But now we have so many interfering busybodies, brainwashed at university and by the Left-wing media who think that Nature and the climate must be controlled by mere mortals.
The climate has always changed and always will. If global warming is taking place it's because we're still coming out of an ice age. Just pray the next one doesn't hit us while we're still here.
In the meantime, I suppose we can expect to see a useless wind farm in place of those trees planted in the 1950s by the school children.
By the way, fixing the spelling errors, etc, might lend a bit more authority to the petition.

Graham Llewellyn
Tony Phillips

#1728 Re: FORGERY

2012-11-21 23:58

#1725: steve mccarron - FORGERY

I wish you well with your cause. Your last post must be good news for the Common! Sadly though Hartlebury is the thin end of the wedge regarding this national obsession with heathland restoration/creation and the myth that is  conservation grazing. It seems to be an unstoppable juggernaut which has destroyed and is destroying many natural and loved places in England. Conservation fascism. Lot of money in  it you know!

Good luck again.

Left wing & brainwashed apparently #1727

#1729 Heathland restoration

2012-11-23 12:55

I think the work at hartlebury is looking splendid! It's about time the common was managed rather than left to neglect! Well done Worcestershire County Council!
JillyH

2012-12-01 15:20

I have been visiting Hartlebury Common for the entire 50 years of my life and have been devastated by the loss of the mature trees to the point that I barely recognised it when I walked my dog last week. What about ecological biodiversity? The mature trees have provided habitat for a diverse range of birds and mammals. I do not believe that this is not wilful destruction in the name of so-called conservation. As pointed out, the common has been managing itself for many years now; heathland has been a substantial part of that. The cattle did absolutely nothing. Common land has been fenced, which is anathema in itself. The local people did not want this but they have no say; and we apparently live in a democracy! what a farce.

#1731 Re: Heathland restoration

2012-12-15 01:56

#1732 Re: Jilly H

2012-12-17 17:31

#1730: JillyH -  

I totally agree it is truly an act of VANDALISM .RIP Trees x

Cazza s

#1733 Re: Heathland restoration

2012-12-17 17:32

#1729: Left wing & brainwashed apparently #1727 - Heathland restoration 

You are brain washed if you are thinking like this !!!!

Graham

#1734 Heathland vandalism

2013-01-05 16:20

Just been for a walk on the "common" after a gap of a few weeks. The vandalism is nearly complete so we may as well give up. The politicians, so-called nature protection agencies and commercial interests are too powerful for those of us who pay for them.
I read that oaks are under threat and that more trees need to be planted; they've felled a lot of healthy trees here. I don't think these people have any real feeling for the countryside.

2013-04-24 21:30

I have been walking the common with my dogs and many friends for over 10 years and we all enjoyed the beauty and diversity of this area. Since the trees have been ripped up by the roots and the whole area devastated we are appalled at the state of this area now. It looks like a large industrial site with tracks left from vehicles a foot deep in places. The ground is decimated and left in a terrible state.
Whatever value ‘English Nature’ has placed on this site must be weighed against the value placed upon it by countless people local and visiting from further afield who now mourn the loss of a wonderful country area full of many species of trees. We walkers and users of the common are utterly devastated and heartbroken to have lost such a wonderful natural environment and been left with a desolate baron mess.

#1736 Facebook for you all to like.

2014-06-05 17:25

Hello all, for some true facts on un-Natural England and their crazy job creation schemes, see here and like please. Thank you, have a nice day!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Natural-England/640161592726842?fref=ts

#1737 Re: Conveyance is a fraud!!!!!

2014-06-05 17:36

#1726: steve mccarron - Conveyance is a fraud!!!!!

The conveyance is a reciept only

The 'goods' would be the title.

The church of england do not just 'lose' titles as any normal person would not.

The title implies a lineage of owners. At some point the 'assumed' owner, or thief would be apparent.

The defifnition of a 'common' is manorial waste, land that is not wanted by the lord of the manor so it is disposed off.

The lord of the manor relinquishes any interest in that land or common.

The lord of the manor described the 'rights' commoners would have.

At hartlebury, these where, mineral, and herbage that is all

There has never been a title for any common, because of the unique creation of a common, that's what a common is, land without title, not freehold or something that would be bought or sold fee-simple.

Ownership of commons has been assumed, and any such pretence of ownership is in fact theft.

Commons are our only public access, public owned lands in the UK.

Commons comprise 5% of the land mass of England.

These commons have been fenced for the first time in one thousand years

#1738 horse riding, fences and cattle

2014-07-08 00:17

Numerous times i've used the common to ride out over but since the fences have been put up, i've had to dismount in dangerous places for both me and my horse with no other choice to open and close gates and this combined  with   the long horned cattle who are unpredictable at best, never mind  the unclipped horns that pose huge threats to all if caught in a stand off or stampede... 

No matter how careful you are out there, these cattle are a hazard to all who use the place and one day some one will get seriously injured, worse cases killed. I've already heard of stand offs by walkers, dog walkers and fellow riders who have had several near misses and suffered minor injuries

the land could easily be grazed and managed by goats or sheep of a more native breed than these highly unpredictable cows, although few in number their sheer size and weight are not something to mess with nor are they native to the common in ANY stages of it's history!
so why are they there??!

the fences are also a problem, used to keep cattle in but they cut the common up making access trickier than normal and restricting it greatly for all, never mind the disabled who i fear may now be put off visiting due to access problems.

Not to mention the cattle  rubbing the fences of neibouring property and that of the common thus damaging it, yet the council will not pay for the damage when it was THEIR stock that  damaged the property in the first place and they make the owners  pay for the repair of BOTH  the commons fence as well as their own.

what once was a lovely place for all to enjoy has now become the playground of the council to tear up ad destroy at their leisure!

Samuel Johns
Miami Beach

#1739 Education.

2021-07-23 09:06

Hello to all students reading this discussion. Of course, I am also studying in college and I certainly care about many other things. But now I am very busy with various academic tasks and to take a little break, I used the help of the Essay Writing Service. And how do you solve your difficulties with studying?