FOR A/E SERVICES TO BE RETURNED TO QUEEN MARGARET HOSPITAL

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition FOR A/E SERVICES TO BE RETURNED TO QUEEN MARGARET HOSPITAL.

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2014-04-17 23:50

Jimmy P

#102 Queen Margaret Hospital petition for A&E services to be returned

2014-04-21 21:09

Thanks to everyone who have submitted their comments,I am sure there are many more relevant stories concerning this problem which has been caused by people in high places that do not care about the population as a whole whether you be young or old, it does not matter to them if you live or die you are just another tax payer paying their wages with no say in it what so ever.

2014-04-23 10:21

About time this napped,but will the powers that be take any notice

2014-04-30 07:02

Good luck .. Needs to be done

2014-04-30 22:59

Dunfermlines population is growing all the time, and some idiot decides to downsize the only hospital for 15miles...monkey with brain damage wouldn't even make such a stupid decision!!

2014-04-30 23:16

Bring back A n E we need it as people just do not have the funds or transport to get to kdy
mel

#107 queen Margaret hospital ane

2014-04-30 23:17

Bring it back we need it

2014-05-01 06:17

It Is Beyond A Joke, What They Have Done To This Hospital, After All, That's Why It Was Built In The First Place! The Old 'West Fife'Was So Dilapidated A New Hospital HAD Too Be Built, But, Because The Board Of The NHS, Must Have Been Promised Better Membership To Certain Golf Clubs, It Was Decided To Build 'A New & Improved' Victoria Hospital In Kirkcaldy, Forcing Us Patients Too Travel Further For Treatment! The 'Old' Victoria Had Problems, But, The 'New' Victoria Isn't Any Better! BRING BACK OUR HOSPITAL, TOO FULL STRENGTH! Not Just A & E!

2014-05-01 17:38

A town the size of Dunfermline NEEDS an A&E department. Does the bad press concerning The Vic not realise this? Understaffed department coping with pressures that shouldn't be like this. Money & budgeting are obviously more important that peoples lives!!!!
Astounded

2014-05-01 17:52

A town of 65,000+ doesn't have an A&E........ "A joke with a very funny punch line, the thing is "it is not at all funny"
Sportygolf

2014-05-01 23:16

Kirkcaldy is way to far far away. I dread to think how many people may lose lives through not being able to make it to hospital. It really is rediculous. Takes us bout thirty mins plus just to drive there ourselves. I think there will probably end up being accidents on the roads through olpeople panicking in an emergency situation thinking they will be quicker to get there on there own with a casualty than wait on an ambulance to get to Kirkcaldy. I mean really do these people who arrange these things really have a brain

2014-05-02 07:04

Not having an A&E at QMH is unreasonable and dangerous for all in this area. This hospital is well equiped and well located to deal with emergencies. I believe it would give benefits from creating more jobs too. Money that is hard to come by and good resources are being wasted by not having that facility re instated.

2014-05-02 13:21

this should never have closed

2014-05-02 20:41

myself and alot of other people would be more safer with am a&E At Queen Margaret

2014-05-04 13:16

Please return our a&e back 2 weeks ago we had to take our granddaughter 27 miles to kirkcaldy sat for 40 mins she got seen to which took 10 minutes to then drive another 27 back home rediculous if you ask me

2014-05-04 13:58

A.E should never have been taken away from queen Margaret in the first place many folk don't have transport to travel to kdy on the other hand Kelty don't a bus that takes u all the way to the vic
Catty

2014-05-09 17:56

Is it going to take someone to die before they look at this!
james philp

2014-05-09 20:05

#117: Catty -

Hi Catty

More than likely some people already have

2014-05-19 08:23

Dunfermlines grown by a third in recent years, to allow week and immoral politicians to strip our society of the basics in the name of budgets, is hard to take, luxury coffee shop at the Vic says it all. AnE closed by the spineless.

2014-05-19 18:15

Having carefully chosen where in Fife we would move to some 17yrs ago we choose to be near the Queen Margaret Hospital as both myself and my husband have health issues. A comparatively new state of the art facility within a ten minute journey, PERFECT! Now as our health deteriorates even further we now have a forty, if your lucky, drive to the awful Victoria Hospital. Start with A&E but please don't give up the fight to have the whole facility open in full.
james philp

#121 Re:

2014-05-19 21:06

#120: -

I will not stop till this hospital is returned to fully functioning as it should be , that is why it was built

robert

#122 Hospital

2014-05-26 13:44

I have sent e mails all over the place especially to Alex Salmond who as yet has not answered me about his policy to reopen the hospital

#123 Re: Hospital

2014-05-26 20:53

#122: robert - Hospital

Hi Robert,

These people seem to think themselves above the population and are loathe to give us any straight answers would be pleased if you could let me know if you recieve any reply, I have a meeting on 6th june with local Msp Cara Hilton. and could maybe bring this up with her .

James Philp

Anon

#124 A&E Dunfermline

2014-05-28 11:18

Dunfermline and west fife has a large population and deserve the re-instatement of A&E services at QM, however, not at the cost of the closure of theVic A&E. Kirkcaldy, Levenmouth, Glenrothes and surrounding area also has a large population. This would add extra travel time on blue lights run along a road that has twice in the last few weeks seen fatal RTC's, with the closure of the road - albeit east bound.

#125 Re: A&E Dunfermline

2014-05-28 16:36

#124: Anon - A&E Dunfermline

Quite agree both hospitals should have the most important section of any hospital is the A&E and both should be fully functioning to cover the long pice of land known as Fife ,east,central and west fife covers a large area but only one main atery running through it  for connection to Dundee and Edinburgh for any further medical investgation of A&E patients if transferred to either of them , people in the East will suffer same access problems as the West by having to travel to Q.M.H for outpatient and clinical treatments and increased waiting times . Both there and at the Vic.  P.s Beyond me how people manage to crash on a straight road pretty careless if you ask me.