VALERIE'S LAW

Quoted post

2011-03-27 16:47

Your a damn fool if u think this will help anything. Our prison systems are already overcrowded and you wanna send more people! People who OD want to die. Wat other explination is there for sticking poison in ur body. Its addictive but so is ciggarettes an liquor and fast food. These people are not gonna go to jail cuz you smoked , drank, or ate yourself to death. The drug itself is the problem.
If ur over 18 you know the risks of your actions taken. Life is all about cause an effect and although its not fair how it happened many people everyday lose loved ones over drugs but incarcarating another person. Taking a father away frm his daughter is only going to add to the problem in the longrun. Just say no is your best bet.

Replies

#3 Re:

2011-03-28 01:50:30

#2: -  

mAYBE THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH THE WORLD TODAY NO ONE IS HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ANYTHING. THE PERSON WHO IS TAKING OR TAKEN THE DRUG IS ALREADY SUFFERING ALONG WITH EVERYONE THAT HAS TO INCOUNTER THEM ON A DAILY BASIS. ALL IN THE MENTIME THE DEALERS GAIN PROFIT AND ABOUT 90% OF DEALERS DNT DO THE HARD DRUGS THEY SELL. SO THEY GAIN PROFIT FROM RUINING SOMEONE ELSE'S LIFE. OR iN THIS CASE ENDING IT AND BEING ABLE TO ACT LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED FIVE YEARS FROM NOW (OR HOW EVER LONG) WHILE YOU WERE A MAIN CONTIBUTOR IN SOMEONE'S DEATH. IS THIS NOT THE SAMETHING AS HELPING SOMEONE COMMIT SUECIDE? THEIR ARE MAJOR REPERCUSSIONS FOR THAT WHY SHOULD BEING A DRUG DEALER BE ANY DIFFERENT? FAST FOOD AND LIQUER ARE ARE LEGAL SUBSTANCES THERE IS A RESON YOU CAN'T GO BUY HERION, CRACK, COCAINE OR ANY OTHER DRUG FOR THAT MATTER IN STORES! SOO MAYBE YOU THE DAMN FOOL FORE THINKING THAT WAY.... AND UR RIGHT ARE PRISIONS ARE FULL FULL OF MURDERS, MURDERS WHO WERE ON DRUGS ABOUT HALF OF THEM, OR TRY TO PLEE THAT THEY WERE. OR THEY ARE FULL OF DRUG DEALER, DADS WHO DNT PAY THEIR CHILD SUPPORT BECAUSE OF DRUGS, OR DRUGGIES PERIOD. LETS JUS MAKE STRONGER LAWS FOR THE DEALERS WHO SELL THE STUPID SHIT AND MAKE MONEY THAT ISEN'T EVN TAXED, WHEN MOST PEOPLE HAVE TO WORK HARD FOR THEIR MONEY AND DON'T HARM PPL!  MAYBE OUR JAILS WOULDN'T BE SOO FULL OF SCUM SUCKING PPL THAT DO NOTHING BUT HARM OUR ECONOMY WHILE WE ALL ALREADY SUFFER. MY FRIEND IS GONE BECAUSE SHE WAS DRUNK AND WENT HOME WITH SOMEONE SHE TRUSTED. SOMEONE WHO HELPED HER DO A DRUG SHE WOULD PROBABLY NVR DONE HAD SHE NOT BE INTOXICATED AND LEFT WITH HIM. IN A RESULT SHE DIED AND HE DUMPED HER BODY ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD LIKE SHE WAS A PEICE OF GARBAGE. FACE DOWN! HE SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TEN YEARS FROM NOW. WALK AROUND WITH NORMAL PEOPLE. END OF STORY.

kris

#21 Re:

2011-04-15 20:39:15

Personal responsibilty goes to everyone individually, but this law can not hurt to sign. If it would make consquences harder on the dealer then it will also make it harder for the user to obtain. I see nothing wrong with that scenario at all. Can not hurt to sign. If you are not a user or a dealer then why not sign. If you know a user then you know how hard it is to convince them to get off drugs but make it a bit harder for them and it may help. If dealers got harder repercussions then it just MIGHT lower the amount of dealers selling to people. It might not do jack shit but I see no harm in siging this petition.

Lindsay

#22 Re:

2011-04-15 23:04:28

If there is a father out there supplying people with heroin or even a mother they dont need to have their children with them anyway.  That is a harmful situation that can also be deadly for the child!!!!!

#30 Re:

2011-04-22 02:11:14

you obviously have no idea what the hell your talking about!

#35 Re:

2011-05-07 09:24:05

If you ever lost a loved one to this disease you would feel a whole lot different. We tried everything in our power with the help of God to save our daughter, but it was not meant to be. You are wrong about people who OD want to die. My daughter wanted to be clean very badly but just didn't know how. Most drug addicts also have other diseases such as bi-polar disorder and then it is even harder to get clean.  Taking a Drug Dealing father from his daughter is maybe saving that childs life and he should be in jail.

jjaala

#48 Re: WOW

2011-07-23 18:37:53

Apperantly u dont know much about DRUG addiction and how DRUGS are illegal. Food, cigs and alcohol are not illegal. This is about DRUG DEALERS selling drugs to people and people dying. It is illegal to sell drugs so if people die or NOT, they should be locked up for this. Maybe u would have a different outlook if u knew anyting about this and if u ever had a friend or family member die bc of drugs. It is a disease and a little more serious than over eating. The jails/prisons r over crowed due to drugs. Most everyone in there are there for some crime to do with drugs. So def, they need to make room for the DEALERS AND MURDERS out there. Not just for the users that will do anything for a drug. Until u know someones situation, u should have more sympothy for a addict that are living this horrible EVIL life and the families and friends that watch this happen to a loved one. This cant make it worse by trying to get this law passed. It may make dealers think b4 they make a deal that may kill someone. Or it may even get some dealers off the street :).

Gert

#55 Re:

2011-08-06 10:24:14

Something has to be done! We can't just shoot them! Its a shame when your proven guilty beyond a resonable doubt in our fine Judicial system and still keep your human rights!! Its a privlage to drive. Should be a privlage to be on our streets as well. Our country is flat out falling apart!! If i were to kill someone selling dope  next to my house.I would lay $$$$ on the fact that they would find a cot for me !

Cuz Tam

#83 Re:

2012-02-12 22:13:13

I feel sorry for ppl who talk without true knowledge! My family just lost a 15 year old young man to one time use of Heroine! We believe his uncle gave to him but the police don't have enough evidence! He was at his house in his care! What more needs to be said!15 yrs old! They are still children and many are impressionable! Yes jails are over crowded but I would rather have more prisons bulit for these kinds of acts then to let it continue! I have faced my own addictions for years and I have lived and walked that life! Have you? Do you really understand or are you talking from a point of view above others? God Bless andR.I.P. TYLER JOSEPH BRUMMETT! WE ARE FIGHTING FOR YOU BOO EVERYDAY! WE LOVE AND MISS YOU DEARLY!

outspoken2012

#86 Re:

2012-03-12 05:34:55

WELL YA KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO SAY TO YOUR COMMENT? YOUR FUCKIN STUPID!!!! IT IS NOT SOMEONES FAULT THAT THEY HAVE AN ADDICTION! IT IS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT ARE GOING TO HELL WITH YOUR STUPID OPINIONS THAT ARE BETTER KEPT TO YOUR DAMN SELF! THIS PETITION DESERVES TO BE SIGNED BY THE WORLD! ALL THESE DRUG DEALERS DESERVE TO BE IN JAIL BECAUSE THEY ARE DOING NOTHING BUT RUINING PEOPLES DAMN LIVES!!!!! MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR TWISTED SOUL!

#97 Re: u have a SICK way of looking at things, Im sorry you are that MISERABLE.

2012-07-29 20:50:56

Katey

#98 Re:

2012-08-12 09:22:52

If you think people who overdose actually WANT to die, then you're an idiot. Addiction is a disease, and it's a very difficult one to battle. I know first-hand how difficult it is. I have almost overdosed, but I don't want to die. I want to be clean, but it's really hard. I think drug dealers should get more time in jail so maybe they won't go back to dealing once they get out. Honestly, my drug dealer is one of the biggest reasons I'm an addict. He calls me multiple times daily asking if I'm going to "go down" today and offering me really good deals. It's very hard to say no when you're battling addiction.

#99 Re:

2012-08-17 10:41:11

Everyone has the opinion but unfortunately your option sucks. My daughter overdosed from heroin. She did not choose to Die. It was a heroin addict that shot her up after stealing money and jewelry from our home. He needed her car for the day so he kept her out of it while he sold the stolen items for more heroin. And he had to but it from someone. So I agree the drug is the problem but so are the dealers selling it to addicts. They do need to be put away! I pray that you don't ever have to go through what I do every day! So if that father is taken away from his daughter may be a good thing. For his daughter should be told what POS drug dealer he was!
God bless!,
Kel

#102 Re:

2012-09-14 19:35:18

#2: -  You need to re-read what the law is about. It's about locking up the dealers, you fool. 

#107 Re:

2013-01-03 20:30:45

That's the problem... My nephew was 15. He was given the drug and left for dead. They didn't call help, instead cleaned their house out. Yet, no laws are in place to obtain justice for him. Taking someone off the streets that will allow someone to die at their hand without calling for help... That's not going to prevent another CHILD from dying? I hope and pray that you or anyone that you love never has to deal with what my family is dealing with.