PROTECT TUNSTALL COMMUNITY

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition PROTECT TUNSTALL COMMUNITY.

for graham

#101 42

2014-02-08 23:58

#42: -

Graham- you are telling untruths- shame on you

2014-02-09 17:39

Absolutely no need for this development that will swallow up yet more of the countryside and cause even more traffic problems on Woodstock Road and the surrounding roads!!

#103 Re: Re: Statistics

2014-02-09 19:44

#90: - Re: Statistics Indeed you don't have to live in Tunstall to add your name to this petition, however if you are also objecting to the planning application, only one objection counts per postal address; almost 100 of the 275 petitioners on this forum share an IP address with another petitioner.

#104 Re: Re: Statistics

2014-02-09 21:52

278 signatures, 180 ip addresses

#105 Re: Re: Re: Statistics

2014-02-09 22:58

#103: - Re: Re: Statistics

Thanks for the heads up will make sure all my family who live in separate addresses in tunstall and Borden send in their objections in writing wouldn't want their objection thrown out.

2014-02-09 23:09

I think they are just starting to realise that though the vast majority off us in the locality are in advanced years, we are not yet ready to be treated as irrelevant and our feelings ignored. Along with many of my neighbours I have worked damned hard since leaving school at fifteen with no favours asked nor received from anyone to achieve a degree of comfort in my declining years, only to be treated with sneers and contempt from the 'I WANT' generation. The church having failed on this occasion woefully to consider some of its more vulnerable and isolated flock ,yet again its oily nose tracking mammon ( suspect they'll soon be round begging for money again despite their immense wealth). ITS EASIER FOR A RICH MAN TO ENTER THE CHURCH OF GOD THAN A NEEDLE TO ENTER THE EYE OF A CAMEL. More deliberate mistakes TMs this time the prize a free ticket to X factor rehearsals.

#107 Re: Re: Re: Statistics

2014-02-10 08:56

#103: - Re: Re: Statistics 

FOR ANYBODY THAT IS OBJECTING TO THE BUILDING OF THE SCHOOL. I HAVE SPOKEN TO MARY GREEN AT KCC PLANNING THERE IS NO RESTRICTION ON THE NUMBER OF PERSONS WITHIN IN ONE HOUSEHOLD WHO CAN PUT IN AN OBJECTION. PLEASE IGNORE THE MISLEADING COMMENT SUPPLIED BY GUEST #90.

for 106

#108 for 106

2014-02-10 10:30

#106: -

It's very sad that you feel so isolated and vulnerable- I thought that there is supposed to be a community around you that you want to keep?

2014-02-10 10:46

At the original public meeting, we were informed of three options and given paperwork detailing them. These were two options for the school to remain on its present site and be developed. These were drowned at birth. The third was for the school to relocate retaining it's current numbers. This one also passed away soon after. Of these options I and many others were happy to debate and consider, however this was when the goalposts moved to their present and always intended position, which to many are unacceptable. And the planners say trust us- I think not.

#110 Faith schools

2014-02-10 12:24

With regard to an earlier comment that a contributor would be opposed to a development of any school regardless of faith, I started to think laterally. If an Islamic school were built the pupils would be delivered in thirty year old Nissan bluebirds at a maximum speed of 15mph, easier to dodge than a black, window tinted BMW X5 at 55mph. But the real green option would be an Amish school, all kids delivered by horse and buggy( less pollution ), with the side effect that all us old nimbys could be offered the equine residuals to mulch our standard roses and chrysanthemums. A WIN WIN SITUATION !. Keep smiling peeps, it makes life more bearable !.

#111 Re: for 106

2014-02-10 12:49

There used to be#108: for 106 - for 106

Society is dead ( there are only individuals )  - M. Thatchers legacy  .I was not referring to myself, but to the more elderly and confused, who see only bickering and self interest all around. Spare them a thought for it was they who fought for your rights, tread carefully on their feelings, they are as precious if not more so than any other members of society. We as a society ignore the wisdom of the old at our peril.

Princey

#112 KCC MUPPETS

2014-02-10 12:54

Have you ever heard such a stupid idea, lets spend 4-5 Million on a school using taxpayers money that my child cannot attend because he doesn't believe their was once a man who could turn water into wine haha tell me this if their is a mercedes out their that can fly can i have it or would the KCC buy it for me .MUPPETS
Auntie Perrin

#113 Planning Application of the KCC Muppets

2014-02-10 13:00

I used to be so easy to take for a ride.
But now I've learned to play the game
And my eyes are always open wide.

I was the one who would listen to you
When you handed me all of your lies.
But those days have gone

#114 Re: KCC MUPPETS

2014-02-10 13:13

4-5 million, you must be joking , have you ever heard of a public sector plan that came in on budget.  I'll  have a private bet with you#princey it'll be more like 8 mllion ( yours and my hard earned)112: Princey - KCC MUPPETS

Mind you maybe the man in the sky will dip his hand in his pocket - his miracles to perform etc.

#115 Re: 42

2014-02-10 13:18

#101: for graham - 42

Whos'      Graham     ( oh damn another grammatical error )

Princey

#116 Re: Re: KCC MUPPETS

2014-02-10 13:29

#114: - Re: KCC MUPPETS

I agree see you this evening

#117 reply to 110 and 86

2014-02-10 13:32

Comment to 110 - While at uni,my son's Asian landlord came to the disgusting hovel that we paid for, in a state of the art Merc! No 30 year old Nissan there. But 110 , in all seriousness, your are correct, that we have to smile as the traffic rolls by and by and by!
Comment to 86 - In the real world, how many people car share? Parents have different agendas and car sharing is not usually an option. 210 new children, say perhaps 100 new families, up to school and back twice a day. That is at a minimum 400 cars past our homes in the area. As I said in the paragraph above, the traffic rolls by and by and by!

#118 Re: reply to 110 and 86

2014-02-10 13:51

#117: - reply to 110 and 86

Car sharing does not work the science park have proved that. Just think as the science park keeps expanding and then we end up with another blot on the landscape, (The School), we will not be able to move in the South of sittingbourne or the North.

Having looked at the Diocesan plans, I am aghast how ugly they are. In no way do the artists impressions blend in with the local houses or environment. I really do think that the architects need to go back to the drawing board on this one. Sorry I was going to be constructive

Mind you I like the pretty daisys and kite flying!!!!!!

I can definately agree with several comments made recently about Kent, it is fast becoming the "arse end of England"

Meles Meles

#119 What about the badgers ?

2014-02-10 14:00

As the number of badgers in Tunstall parish outnumber children by about 50 to 1, what provision is being made for practising Christian badgers in this industrial/ educational establishment, with particular regard for special needs badgers ?. I am thinking of starting a facebook page Badgers United for Greater Gains in Educational Resources and Systems, the acronym would of course be BUGGE. oh forget it. Any other suggestions on a postcard please

#120 Re: KCC MUPPETS

2014-02-10 14:14

#112: Princey - KCC MUPPETS

If the Church wants a school on this site then everypenny should be paid for by the Church and not the state. Or accept this as a general state school which is open to all. I really do now have every sympathy with the other outlying villages,as it will not be long before KCC close the small schools and transfer all pupils to, the new "super school" South Sittingbourne Primary

Bordon, Milstead and Rodmersham watch out!!

Reality check

#121 @ #31

2014-02-10 22:08

Absolutely, children have the right to enjoy the countryside. However, developments like this in the countryside will serve to ensure that within their lifetime there is no countryside left in the South of England to enjoy.

We cannot simply keep pouring concrete on green land without destroying the very fabric of our natural environment. To all the parents who vehemently support this new school, simply ask yourselves, at what real cost to future generations?

In 30 years when your children ask where all the green space they read about in history books went, what will you tell them?
Princy

#122 KCC MUPPETS

2014-02-11 07:39

Well done to all the people who spoke against the proposed plans last night your points were not only valid but well received.Yet once again all i heard from Tunstall Mums was the same old thing.Well done Protect Tunstall your Residents, Countryside and Heritage THANKS YOU

#123 Re: KCC MUPPETS

2014-02-11 07:53

#122: Princy - KCC MUPPETS

After the meeting last night it really just added wood to the fire that the Mums have no interest in anyone around them but themselves. They pulled faces when anyone opposed to them spoke jeered at other peoples comments and generally have no feelings for anyone else but themselves. Christian beliefs!!  I think not!!

The so called school Govenor who spoke out had no interest in local people and for feelings of others should be ashamed of himself

By the way I hope he enjoyed his takeaway as he could not be bothered to stay and listen to other peoples comments.

The only people last night who were RUDE and Personal were the supporters of Tunstall School, shame on you all and shame on the Church of England for being part of this.

#124 Re: Re: KCC MUPPETS

2014-02-11 08:29

#123: - Re: KCC MUPPETS 

Was the church trying to tell residents something last night with the bell ringing!!! You do not own Tunstall village. If the church thought anything of the children it would be using the vicarage as part of the school a long time ago.

Princey

#125 Re: Re: Re: KCC MUPPETS

2014-02-11 12:02

#124: - Re: Re: KCC MUPPETS

Has anyone looked at the fact that they want a school with a possible 400 children yet they have just managed 200 likes of support on their facebook page.Maybe they should ask KCC workers to help out or have they all crawled back under their rocks again.