PROTECT TUNSTALL COMMUNITY

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition PROTECT TUNSTALL COMMUNITY.

2014-04-26 09:14

I fear for the safety of children and others as they try to navigate through the village via foot or car. Our property has been hit dozens of times in the last 3 years, notably last week, due to the heavy volume of traffic...this will increase exponentially with a new school and estate - not only throughout the build process but permanently. No thought has been adequately given to this major factor. Will it need a serious accident before this factor is thoroughly assessed?
Mustela mischief.

#377 Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SBC PLANNING MEETING

2014-04-27 17:04

#372: Simon Harwood - Re: Re: Re: Re: SBC PLANNING MEETING I agree with Nick !

Simon and Lance enough of this harmony , it's beginning to look like a dating website ( not that I know what one looks like )

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world ; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself . Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man ( G. B. Shaw ).

So stop being so reasonable ,( it's not as much fun ) ,or I'll come round and slap your legs , before attending a bullying awareness course ! .

2014-04-28 20:41

I live just inside the parish; there are already three schools nearby, with a wide choice of approach roads, but traffic chaos continues twice a day, with parents (illegally) parking on pavements. There remains a desperate need for new schools to the north of Sittingbourne, where a lot of new housing has already been built, but no infrastructure whatever (schools, surgeries, shops etc). The solution lies in commonsense, not rocket science!!

#379 Re:

2014-04-28 22:27

#378: -

Yeah it's a real issue, hopefully the new schools purpose built drop-off point and traffic flow design will ease this horrendous problem. It may not make the cars any less, but it will encourage the oiks to remain in their cars, slowing just enough for their darlings to evacuate through a window.

#380 Re:

2014-04-28 22:31

#378: -

It has already been discussed several times, but 1) there are other school expansion projects/proposals ALL over Swale to meet the needs of all areas & 2) the expansions are being started now to accomodate "the future" requirement for places.

So point 2 means that it doesn't matter how many new houses have been built in the last few years, what counts is the number of school primary age children that will be requiring a place in a few years time.

Combine 1 & 2 and we don't even need rocket science or common sense, it's all down to the statistic of copulation by borough (the REAL bedroom tax!)

*the last line was a joke by the way...

Biff

#381 Protect tunstall community

2014-04-29 11:44

Agree entirely with comment #360 particularly to build new schools where the new houses are built i.e. North of the town. Building at Tunstall is likely to exacerbate the Morrison's traffic bottleneck.

2014-04-29 18:20

Building "in the north" may appear to be a good solution, and it would be if there was no problem at Tunstall School already. As the current school site is deemed unfit for purpose and ability to expand or improve to a required standard on the current site is out of the question, Tunstall is getting an upgrade.

For Tunstall school to not get these new facilities and improvements, the school would be reduced to half intake and effectively not be able to sustain the quality education it is already providing.

Whilst I do care about retaining a rural tunstall, I also value quality education. And in this instance, preserving, improving and supporting Tunstall school is more important than most of the arguments put forward by opposing Tunstall residents (in my opinion).

I am biased towards my own viewpoints, and I totally respect the opposing residents right to hold their own views.

#383 Building in the North

2014-04-30 12:33

Tunstall School has this "problem" as children who go to it, come mainly from the North!!

Surely by putting a new school in the North, will allow children to walk to school, and Tunstall would not become a giant car park

Whilst I accept that the facilities are not up to today's standard, the parents knew what these were BEFORE they came, not after - It's the proposed site for the suggested relocation and expansion that is the issue. This site is not suitable, and in my opinion, KCC should make sure that the site is going to be safe BEFORE planning permission is granted, not AFTER. After all it's children's lives at risk, or doesn't their safety mean that much? Because I really can't believe that anyone, on either side of this debate think that, anymore than the alleged 'death treats' that some are claiming. This is after all Tunstall

#384 ? 383

2014-04-30 22:30

What alleged death threats? Are the OAP's that live in the area threatening the young and fit? Or is it the other way round? It's surely a joke!

#385 384

2014-05-01 12:52

I direct you to the Tunstall Mums Facebook page! Really, I kid you not

One 'parent' thinks she is lucky to be alive!!!!!

Same person who thought that at the KCC Planning Meeting at Village Hall she was badly treated and heckled???? Wasn't the same meeting as I attended

#386 385

2014-05-01 13:18

I was their too. I must have either slept through that part or had a senior moment and blanked that bit!
Choose a nickname

#387 385/386

2014-05-01 17:26

Clearly you heard what you wanted to hear at the meeting. She was treated unfairly compared to those on the Protect Tunstall side.

2014-05-01 19:47

and that just goes to show that the bullying continues.

#389 Unfairly Treated

2014-05-01 20:50

There was no "Protect Tunstall" side at all, anymore than there was a "Tunstall Mums" side

There were people who were either for or against the schools relocation and expansion plans. As Adults, we should be capable of adult behaviour, and that should include respect for others views. This was not always in evidence at the PC Meeting, when elderly residents were barracked for worrying about flooding in Chegworth Gardens as a parent / School Governor stated it was "just a puddle". I have personally seen photos, and that is one hell of a puddle!!!!

Would people think that the man who stood up and spoke for 'Tunstall Mums' was treated unfairly, or was that just good humoured laughing!! No offence was taken. Perhaps the lady in question needs to consider growing a slightly 'thicker skin' if she felt upset by a few people saying 'Aarhh'

2014-05-02 09:40

Unless you are in possession of all the facts around the threatening behaviour, I would suggest not commenting further. You keep relating this to the public meeting, whilst the actions that have been reported to the police we're outside of the meeting.

The Parish Council are aware of the problems, and have made comment, so suggestions such as "growing a thicker skin", aren't really relevant. However, some people should learn to keep their mouths closed without knowing exactly what they are talking about. Please grow up and stop venting your complaints against individuals... if you are opposed to the school expansion and relocation - that's fine, speak to the council.

#391 390

2014-05-02 12:23

With respect, the comment was referring to the suggestion of said lady being "treated unfairly compared to those on the Protect Tunstall side" (See 387)

This was at the Public Meeting, and not any other location, and as far as "Threatening Behaviour" I do not think that my posting made any reference! (See 389)
Subject796

2014-05-02 12:42

This is the problem with anonymous commenting, it's difficult to take each post as an individual conversation without making best guesses of who is contributing to the conversation.

Again though, I would iterate that in this whole process it shouldn't be a matter of "said lady" as "said lady" is a person, and not one who has the power to decide for or against the real issue, which is the expansion and relocation of Tunstall School. To continue referring to "said lady" when in fact 99% of people know exactly who "said lady" is, is tantamount to gossiping and borderline character assasination.
lance fincham

#393 all

2014-05-02 13:41

Just to all comments, please stop the nonsense it may make you feel better at the time of writing but it does NOT help the situation.
Just concentrate on the matter in hand FOR OR AGAINST!!!

KCC day is looming all efforts behind that rather than the posting of any form of disrespectful comments.

For anyone that might be interested I went to a very similar site in berkshire yesterday for a school that has been forced through by the local council and the local residents views were totally ignored. The most upsetting view was the wilful destruction of local countryside and the total mess that residents were having to and will have to endure!!
PROTECT TUNSTALL
(but try and be polite about it!!)
O C B

#394 Re: ? 383

2014-05-06 22:48

#384: - ? 383

It's no joke , there are gangs of elderly people roaming the streets of Tunstall at night administering punishment beatings to middle aged parents ,who are now refusing to go out without their mum or dad , but even more frightening are the octegenarian death squads who seem to operate without let or hindrance .

I attempted a house swap with a family in Bogota , but as soon as Tunstall was mentioned they ceased communication .

NEVER SLEEP WITHOUT A LOADED KALASHNIKOV CLOSE AT HAND .

Bruce Harrison ( oh bum I've given my name away

#395 Re: all

2014-05-07 00:04

#393: lance fincham - all

Sadly  the school will be built , the illusion of democracy and the individuals right to protest ,  will be bulldozed by our impotent local politicians snivelling genuflection to their party political masters ( I am not a marxist but democracy is once again proved to be an illusion ) . The reality is that the school originally proposed as a single entry , has rapidly moved to two form entry ,and I have heard talk of three form . Of itself contentious , the school is merely a trojan horse , presaging the eventual building of yet another soulless housing estate , witness Iwade a hideous destruction of a functioning rural community . And sitting on a large site who's to say how large this industro/educational establishment may become .

The one thing that everyone seems to be missing  amongst all this is despite the fanatical craving for a yoony education ( which is virtually worthless now ) , and despite the fact that regardless of the supposed excellence of Tunstall school the majority of parents now opt for extra curricular tutoring ( check the other local schools ofsted ratings ( Big up Milstead( my own alma mater ,my mothers and my grandfathers) , there is a distinct lack of employment opportunities within the locale . where once there were ample opportunities for schoolleavers albeit blue collar they provided a good standard of  living .

Unfortunately  I seem to suffer the curse of being the last kentish person alive , thats not an apology but a statement of fact a fact of which I am proud .

TUNSTALL PARENTS BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR IT'S THE REST OF US THAT HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE FALLOUT

#396 Re: Re: all

2014-05-07 00:59

#395: Bruce Harrison ( oh bum I've given my name away - Re: all

Whats this Thames gateway then ?

Well it means that we are basically a London overspill zone and are thus condemded to becominging a cultural desert , unless of course you like Top gear , X factor and britains got talent and wear your sunglasses on top of your head , which is like Tunstall mum's territory . Once upon a time I used to be able to walk into a pub and have a conversation about politics , religion or current affairs with just about anybody in the bar , but now you have to limit it to ftbll or ftbll or any of the above TV programmes

What has education achieved , for the under fifties , nothing , they are  the most soullless , boring ,unimaginative bunch of morons that  an excessive education budget could wish for and now they are trying to infect their children with the same virus

(the wasted generation ) .

Come on kids stick two fingers up to your parents , relive the sixties , stop living your lives for them and do it for yourselves

just like your grandparents      GO  KID !!!

wally

#397 Re: Re: Re: all

2014-05-07 01:44

#396: - Re: Re: all

Can anyone tell me why , lately ,  individual success at once qualified by excellence at selective examinations , is now determined by parents ability to pay either to enveigle themselves within communities or to selectiviley pay for extra curricular tutoring is now deemed admirable , as ultimately these subterfuges merely expose their childrens failings at the expense of their parents hubris

2014-05-07 09:46

so now we're back to attacking parents? seriously. This petition has become a farce.

#399 Re:

2014-05-08 05:41

#398: -

NOT AS MUCH AS A FARCE AS THIS WHOLE PROJECT IS. LETS BUILD A SCHOOL ON TOP OF PEOPLE WHO DO NOT NEED IT

DRIVEN BY PEOPLE WHOM THE MAJORITY LIVE AWAY FROM THE AREA. THEY CAN GO HOME AWAY FROM IT BUT THE REST OF US WILL HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE NOISE, TRAFFIC AND A VILE LOOKING BUILDING FOREVER MORE!!

LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR, I REALLY DONT THINK SO!!!

#400 ELECTIONS

2014-05-09 07:13

European Elections imminent REMEMBER those councillors who are pushing through the school and those who object to the school. Use your democratic vote!!! Now and next year