PROTECT TUNSTALL COMMUNITY

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition PROTECT TUNSTALL COMMUNITY.

2014-05-14 21:01

Taken from planninghelp.co.uk

In most planning cases (e.g. an application for planning permission for development) there are generally only two parties involved; the developer making the application and the local planning authority (LPA) deciding whether or not to grant planning permission. Most communities and individuals that live close to the proposed development are regarded as third parties and do not usually have a right to appeal any planning decision taken by a local authority.

You are strongly recommended to seek legal advice before making an application for judicial review.

2014-05-14 22:04

I've heard that it could cost many, many thousands . I would rather work with them now to make sure that we make the best of it. We may not all want it but we do have to live with it.

2014-05-14 22:51

Unfortunately I do not think that it matters to them whether we work with them or not, although it would be more convenient for them if we did. They need to build more schools because they failed to address the problem long ago. The villagers or their community are irrelevant and children are numbers that have to be placed somewhere. If parents specifically sent their children to a 'village' school as I did, then they may find that the grass is not always greener.

#429 #427 #428

2014-05-15 05:22

Using the term 'them' is hardly going to improve the situation. It is time to build rather than burn bridges.
Mr Knowledge

#430 Re: #427 #428

2014-05-15 05:59

#429: - #427 #428

The can of worms has been opened! Believe me the supporters of the School really do not know what they have done.

The only people that will win are the builders and planners for what's coming!!!

The only bridges to be built now will be the ones needed to cross the roads

#431 #430

2014-05-15 20:17

Great idea - those bridges would also help when traversing the flood zone.

#433 Re: Re: #427 #428

2014-05-16 01:22

#430: Mr Knowledge - Re: #427 #428

Supporters of the proposal will also deem that the children will also benefit. Not having to use a WW2 outside toilet, having a real classroom rather than a shanty hut, better facilities.

I do hope that despite people's opinions, that the children will not be made targets of unpopularity, it's been hard enough to this point having to reassure my child that a portion of residents of Tunstall aren't against the school per se, but rather having a disagreement about the new school.

#434 Re: RE:431

2014-05-16 05:50

#432: Simon Harwood - RE:431

it is not humourous and was intended to be, so far none of this has funny at all.

Yes sensitivity leval are high on both sides, however the lives of the people away from the project who have supported the new build will not be affected, but those that are on top of the build have now got to live with it, the traffic, continual noise and yes 420 children will be loud, and total disruption and destruction of a beautiful area.

#435 Re: Re: Re: #427 #428

2014-05-16 05:53

#433: - Re: Re: #427 #428

What a sad comment no one has blammed the children at all or made them targets and never will, the only people that have put pressure on the children are the parents and the school.

#436 Re: Re: Re: Re: #427 #428

2014-05-16 15:32

#435: - Re: Re: Re: #427 #428

I beg to differ, signposts along the road kind of give the impression that the school is "wrong". Children take notice of a lot more and absorb information in a very matter of fact way.

Long Standing Resident

#437 New School - Old Site

2014-05-18 14:05

Whilst many are looking at the obvious problems that surround all schools, and Tunstall will be worse than most, and that is Fact, what plans do the Diocese have for the old school site?

What of some of the residents who live next to the current school, whose families have done so since the school was probably built!

Are they looking happy, or those residents who are being blamed for the move. NO.
The Tunstall Mums website needs changing, and their facts need to be corrected. This whole issue started with mobiles that were only a temporary measure, and about 40 years on, they are still on site! KCC only asked for a permanent strategy to address the ongoing mobiles, not a new school.

Which bring me to an interesting point. Mums and Dads of Tunstall School, you have used the state of these mobiles, quite eloquently, on the campaign to getting a new school, the Deputy Head, similarly at the KCC Planning Meeting identified the need to have windows nailed shut! I seem to remember

So as we know, many of the parents read our comments, indeed, some make postings, are you now going to tell us, that overnight, you are going to allow your children to continue to be educated in "these quite dreadful conditions"???????

Really, Double Standards

#438 #437

2014-05-18 15:11

"What of some of the residents who live next to the current school, whose families have done so since the school was probably built!"

Few of the houses existed when the school was built - take a look at old photographs and you will not see the homes opposite the school

"So as we know, many of the parents read our comments, indeed, some make postings, are you now going to tell us, that overnight, you are going to allow your children to continue to be educated in "these quite dreadful conditions"???????"

Some people think to the future - short term we can live with these conditions but why should future generations?

2014-05-18 16:57

Before commenting, suggest read post first

Some families go back generations! in Tunstall so try not to misinterpret

The Oast next to the school, FYI was part of the school grounds and was 3 cottages, each rented & the money went towards the upkeep

I wonder what happened to the money when it was sold??

#440 Re: #437

2014-05-18 17:27

#438: - #437

what ever, what counts is that the local people who DO COUNT ie the residents do not want the building and have fought to save the picturesque land and grade 2 agricultural land, the mums and dads think that they can rampage through the countryside and take over whatever they feel right. However it was not them that put this into their heads but KCC and the church. Neither whom have bothered to talk to or respect the local people. By the way who ever commented that children get upset by a poster, well then it is no wonder that this country is in such as state with violence everywhere and sex continually on the television, if you cannot discuss a poster with them then "god" help us all. Parents grow up!!

#441 439

2014-05-18 20:18

Write in grammatically correct sentences and misinterpretation is less likely.

#442 Re:

2014-05-19 18:13

#439: -

Surely all families go back generations?

Not a Tunstall Mum that lives nowhere near the village! ;-)

2014-05-20 12:24

seems to me that that this is akin to me deciding whether I can build what I like on my own land - in other words, the KCC has been 'the judge' 'the jury' AND the executioner!
I seriously cannot believe that they honestly feel this is an appropriate site. If there is a case for a judicial review, I will certainly be happy to support it as the KCC have been totally unreasonable to date. This is a farce.
PT

#444 JUDICIAL REVIEW

2014-05-20 16:43

Thanks to 443

The judicial review process is expensive and whilst donations have been collected and not forced as some may think, if there are people among you that agrees with 443 please email to protecttunstall@gmail.com

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2014-05-20 19:59

#446 Re: Re: Re: #437

2014-05-21 07:25

#445: A Parent looking for a healthy restoration, not an argument with the bigoted minority - Re: Re: #437

Sorry but your comment re the opposition being the minority is totally false, the local people that live around the proposed site are the majority, those that travel to the site ie from around sittingbourne and further afield should not be taken as part of your campaign, they do not have a say in affecting aother peoples lives. KCC is the fault being the landowner, applicant and decision maker, how does that work in a democratic society. It doesn't.

Reading the comments I cannot see any mention to neo nazis other than what you have put, is that what you think of yourselves!!

No one who is opposed to the build is rude or obnoxious and many are not even "old" they are just people fighting for their right not to have a major build on their doorstep.

2014-05-22 08:15

2014-05-22 20:17

2014-05-23 05:40

PROTECT TUNSTALL

#450 PRINCIPLES

2014-05-23 06:51

WITH RESPECT, THIS SITE HAS NOT BEEN USED AS INTENDED
IF THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO POST, WISH TO INCLUDE THEIR NANES, THATS FINE
HOWEVER, THE NAMING OF INDIVIDUALS WITHIN POSTS IS NOT

We will leave this site open for 48 Hours Maximum. Any other inappropriate postings that do not relate to the issues will be removed, or the site may close, but the FIGHT GOES ON