PROTECT TUNSTALL COMMUNITY

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition PROTECT TUNSTALL COMMUNITY.

2014-05-09 11:59

For those annoyed that this isn't democratic, remember that democracy is determined by the majority vote.

#402 Democratic process!!!!!!!!!

2014-05-09 13:58

What is a lobbyist? Do they just work for large,multinational companies? Do they just work at national level? Have you watched the 'cash for questions' resignations lately? Are thing all squeaky clean, transparent, open and honest? Zimbabwe have elections!!! They vote there!! This proposed new school will be used by children in other areas of Swale as we do not have 'village schools' any more. But just think of all those new families from the new estates that have NOT got planning permission YET but WILL be built as Tunstall extends out to the motorway! DEMOCRACY is NOT when you own the land, give yourself permission to build on it!!!!! THAT IS NOT DEMOCRACY.
The Truth.

#403 School

2014-05-09 14:24

The KCC and all concerned would not even consider this land as remotely acceptable for these plans if they didn't already own this site. Tunstall Mums should not really have a great say in this as the majority of them and their children live nowhere in the vicinity of Tunstall!

#404 Re:

2014-05-09 14:25

#378: -

Well said, but unfortunately greed, not common sense is likely to prevail here.

#405 Re:

2014-05-09 14:29

#390: -

I'm guessing that this 'holier than though' comment has come from someone without any real connection to the village - just 'a parent'?

#406 Re:

2014-05-09 14:33

#356: -

Yourself included, obviously? ;-)

#407 Re:

2014-05-09 16:31

#390: -

The funny thing about this whole debacle is that the majority of people do appose the build and do not want the extra traffic, 420 children and the problems that it all brings we have all vented our feelings to SBC KCC etc etc but it seems when you are up against a brainwashed crowd, the applicant, the landowner and then ultimately the person that makes the decision, it becomes apparant that we as individuals have no choice any more. So those that live on the sprawling estates and want to drive everywhere and ruin everybody elses lives then you do so, however the MAJORITY of people that moved to TUNSTALL want a better life and are OPPOSED AND FOR EVER MORE BE OPPOSED to the ruination of KENT.

As a kentish person LONG LIVE KENT!! Stop the rot!!

#408 Re: Re:

2014-05-10 13:14

#407: - Re:

"The majority of the people....."

Which people would these be? Out of what statistic are you taking the "majority" from?  If people really wanted "rural kent" then there are much better locations to buy a house than a 1 road hamlet, right next to Kent Science park, with one access road being a main thoroughfare and the other end linking to the motorway.

Take Bredgar for example, plenty of space for rural living out there.

I would assume that people who moved to tunstall did so for the "ruralesque" appearance yet with the really handy access to both motorway and local amenities.

If you want rural, don't do it by halves, go rural.

#409 Re: Re: Re:

2014-05-10 14:02

#408: - Re: Re:

well if you knew the area you lived in the main stay or majority of people who live in tunstall and the surrounding roads DO NOT WANT a new school with the associated traffic problems and the noise that it will bring. Others dont want it due to flooding issues and danger to residents and the proposed intake of children that will be coming from all over sittingbourne. Funny you should mention Bredgar but all that rural space could also be about to change. The school when its built will also bring with it housing and the very popular southern relief road. Oh yes and by the way when the housing that maidstone has to build over the next few years meets our housing developements what green land will be left for the precious little children to play in!! with regards to the science park many were here well before that was thought of when it was a research site for shell and the farming community. The Five parishes fought the original plans for expansion and housing and I suspect due to the timeline that will be back again soon.

But on the first issue this area does not need a large school unless the majority of its residents suddenly start an age reversal via divine intervention!

None left

#410 Politeness

2014-05-10 20:23

Looking at these comments every so often is a salient reminder to ensure that my children are brought up with respect and politeness- something that seems to have bypassed the older generation. We will still have to live side by side so please can we get back to being civil.
Mr respectful of sittingbourne

2014-05-11 07:26

Looking at some of the comments from both parties, mums and dads and the residents it has nothing to do with being respectful or the way you bring up children. You cannot expect people to just get on with life when the way they live is being threatened, they are venting feelings against a proposal that should not even have been considered in this position. KCC, the school and the church have shown no respect at all to the residents of Tunstall that are against this proposal.

#412 #411

2014-05-11 12:58

A new school is all about planning for the future. Sadly many people's views are firmly stuck in the past.

2014-05-11 14:38

If it was about planning for the future then the schools would have been built with the houses or put into the local plan. Nothing in Swale is ever planned properly.

2014-05-11 17:09

It is so nice to know that 'WE ARE FIRMLY STUCK IN THE PAST' and 'RESPECT AND POLITENESS HAVE PASSED US BY' !!!! How ironic!! How very sad !!

#415 Re:

2014-05-11 20:29

#414: -

Sad indeed - but true. No irony intended.

2014-05-12 15:18

The school application is going through a "real" process and if the "majority" of residents that are opposed to the expansion and relocation did what the process allows for... raising objections in the proper manner, then those objections will be listened to, debated and weighed.

However I believe that the "majority" is really just the "outspoken portion", and when actually down in black and white, aren't able to provide a large enough opposition.

As for respect, this is an anonymous post, therefore you know nothing of each others demographics - I don't think it's a case of a particular generation being disrespectful, it's just "people" being blatently rude because their opinions don't get taken as fact.
lance fincham

#417 Re:

2014-05-12 17:08

#416: -

I have to intervene in some of these stupid, rude and totally ignorant post on this site!

One I do not mind adding my name to the equation and you all no I am opposed to the whole build, but when it comes down to who is against and who is for, then sorry the majority that do care about Tunstall and who actually live in the area are AGAINST THE PROPOSAL. However when you you are up against an organisation such as KCC who ARE THE APPLICANT WHO ARE THE LAND OWNER AND WHO ARE THE DECISION MAKERS then what choice do the local people have except to get annoyed.

You may be a parent who lives within the community but YOU ARE WITHIN the minority.

If you feel this is bad try living within the current HS2 areas that are about to be obliterated, thats when the public really get up tight.

Tunstall does not have a requirement for a large school at present but when it is built it may well have due to new road infrastructure and the housing that WILL COME WITH IT!! Perhaps some people do not see this as progress but an intrusion into their lives.

At least give people a say, either way without being damn right rude.

Cheers to all concerned

#418 Re : lance

2014-05-12 19:25

Perhaps you have some special access to information lance if you say new houses are to be built? Fact or speculation?
Scaremongering?

2014-05-12 19:32

Lance is not Scaremongering.

#420 #418 #419

2014-05-12 21:23

Come on - show us the plans!

#421 Re : lance

2014-05-12 22:55

Perhaps you have some special access to information lance if you say new houses are to be built? Fact or speculation?
Scaremongering?

Please share the secret information that you seem
To be blessed with... Otherwise you must stick to facts only

2014-05-13 14:51

The houses and infrastructure will come with junction 5a and the southern relief road and expansion of the kent science park all part of Swale and KCC plans and "area of movement" or "sigh posted future progress"
lance fincham

#423 Re:

2014-05-13 15:40

#422: -

yes it will but the school I am afraid will move it all along quicker.

The Five Parishes will have an even bigger task at hand!!

supporter of PT and peoples rights

#424 kcc

2014-05-14 18:20

Its not over yet
The fat lady is not singing!!
A long month ahead for all

2014-05-14 19:00

right, so the only recourse now is a judicial review..

Do we have a legal argument that the decision made was unlawful? Also who will be covering the court costs?

I'm new to all this objection business, it seems pretty complicated. I've been reading up on what I can, and it says the first step is writing a letter to the council and telling them that you are objecting, then you have to apply to a court for "permission" to apply for a judicial review... is this done individually or as a collective?