PROTECT TUNSTALL COMMUNITY

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition PROTECT TUNSTALL COMMUNITY.

Lance Fincham (the real one)

#451 Re: PRINCIPLES

2014-05-23 07:03

#450: PROTECT TUNSTALL - PRINCIPLES

Thanks for deleting some of the rather rude and rather poor comments added to this site in the last few days.

I am not the site author and never had been my name was used in the first instance which I did not mind, however when someone uses my name to insult and make rash comments then something has to be done.

I do not believe that who ever you are, that you are for or against the proposed build but an individual trying to stir and cause bad feeling within the community and local area.

As comment 450 above states if you feel the need to add to this page please add your name.

Remember that if the site owners wish they can trace your IP address

Thank You

Allyson Spicer

#452 Assistance Required in Tunstall

2014-05-25 13:34

If I may use this forum to advise Residents in Tunstall that Tunstall has been confirmed as an entry into South East in Bloom

Working parties are needed to help tidy up Tunstall, verges, planting, general bits & bobs to make Tunstall stand out in July

If you can help or have ideas, please let the Parish Council ( via the Clerk )
Thank you
At least you tried

#453 You Tried

2014-06-05 18:22

Despite some unhelpful, inaccurate and sometimes unkind postings, you tried; you put up a valiant show at County Hall and you helped many people opposed to the scheme focus on ways to be heard. Sadly, it fell on deaf ears in the end. Some of those County Councillors at the planning meeting had a hidden agenda. The new school will be so very different and I feel very sorry for those parents who did not want this but preferred an improvement on the existing site. Exciting new challenges lay ahead, some staff will no doubt remain and there will be lots of new staff and lots of new children. We also learnt a lot about our own planning committee in Swale along the way. The beginning of the end, I fear, but at least you tried. Thank you.

2014-06-05 18:31

Just a real example of why I detest what this Country has become. It is a travesty.

#455 Re:

2014-06-05 18:39

#401: -

Not quite. Only parties with vested interests get the right to vote in this process. How is that democracy?

#456 Lance Fincham

2014-06-05 18:46

#455: - Re:

Yes a big thanks to all those who took part in a very one sided campaign. Still just remember next year your votes can make a difference.

Onward and Upward and lets gets ready for whats coming very shortly!!

#457 Re: You Tried

2014-06-07 12:08

#453: At least you tried - You Tried

What can you mean by exciting new challenges?

#458 Re:

2014-06-07 12:09

#454: -

me too.

#459 Mobiles

2014-06-13 15:42

So can we have clarification on who is right? Is the mums and staff who say the new school is needed because the mobile class rooms are not fit for purpose and are a terrible way to educate children, or the teachers governors and applicants who say they are fit for 21st century education and provide good teaching space that can be used till 2015 help anyone?

#460 Mobile Classrooms

2014-06-14 11:46

I'm sure that no one has said that these particular mobile classrooms are 'fit for 21st century education' - hence the need for an alternative. However alternatives take time to build, and children cannot have their education disrupted. In the meantime retaining the mobiles is surely the sensible thing to do?

2014-06-14 21:45

According to the applicant they are fit for 21st century teaching. So either they are terrible ie before new school application or they are suitable ie post school application make of it what you will
TUNSTALL RESIDENT

2014-06-16 07:20

#461: -

Double Standards Im afraid from The School, yes according to the applicant they are "fit for 21st century Teaching"

Rather like the "Sunday School" that will be on another day now as Mums and Dads are too busy to go to Church on a SUNDAY!!

Alison Garton

#463 R.E. 461 and 462

2014-06-17 18:22

I have read the planning statement that accompanied the application for continued planning approval for the mobile classrooms at the school and it says nowhere that they are fit for 21st century teaching, only that they will enable the school to continue to provide the curriculum until such time as the plans for the permanent teaching accommodation have been finalised. With regards to the Sunday School, this will continue to be held on a Sunday, with the addition of a monthly service on a Tuesday after school, so that those children who unable to attend Church on a Sunday are still able to attend a child oriented church service at Tunstall Church.

2014-06-17 22:30

That maybe what you read but what was said is they are fit for 21st century education and it seems that now the new school is going ahead the mobiles are no longer the issue they were before it was hypocrisy and manipulation
Nik H

#465 Re:

2014-06-19 08:41

#464: -

Who said that? When did they say it? Where did they say  it? Who did they say it to?

Anyone can claim "they said this", but it's not helpful in a discussion to not quote sources etc.

Although, I really believe that while it's an interesting point, it's not really important in the grand old scheme of things. There are more issues that just mobile classrooms that have introduced this application

Plus, why not add your name when posting, like Lance reqested a while ago.

#466 TUNSTALL

2014-07-09 12:45

wishing All those in Tunstall who worked hard to stop KCC the very best.
Soon the village will be invaded by builders, lorrys, swathed in noise and pollution followed by 420 children and the onslaught of even more cars
trying to get into a space that is too small for them.
GOD BLESS TUNSTALL