Request to cancel the PSAC and TB vote (PA, SV and EB groups)

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Request to cancel the PSAC and TB vote (PA, SV and EB groups).

Benjamin Ludlow

#276 What a farce

2011-01-14 01:00

It's all true, the union rep who promoted this deal in Trenton could not answer any of my questions, when presented with hard facts and numbers he had no comment. In my view they just simply and intentionally mislead and took advantage of poorly informed members.
Luc Guay

#277 Cancel the PSAC and TB vote

2011-01-14 15:49

From the beginning, this whole affair was mis-handled and in my opinion, our union acted on our behalf in bad faith.
Deborah Pratt

#278 Education & Training Assistant, Kingston Penitentiary

2011-01-14 16:31

Members were grossly misinformed and badgered into accepting this agreement by union representatives. Threats of "losing everything, perhaps your very job" intimidated many into voting "Yes" when they did not actually agree with the proposal. The union has not acted in the best interests of the membership.
Lori Francis

2011-01-14 16:34

Didn't get any information on where to vote, therefore didn't have opportunity to vote.
Would have voted no.
hartmut hubatsch

#280 CR 3

2011-01-14 17:47

I would like to state that I am defineley behind this I have thought that PSAC does a lot of things with fear mongering. I am glad that we finally stood up to those in power. Thanks
Linda Beaulac

2011-01-14 18:27

no comment
Carmela Lukey

2011-01-15 00:47

This petition does not reflect the opinion of all members I have talked with. We do not understand why our PSAC committee did not negotiate fairly for a benefit that was fairly negotiated for in 1960 and so easily discarded without proper notice to the Union
visiteur

2011-01-16 16:50

On ne nous a jamais parlé que les rachats ne comptaient pas dans le calcul des semaines payables pour le versement de l'indemnité de départ. Belle surprise!

#284 Re:

2011-01-17 02:39

#283: visiteur -  

Ce n'est rien encore...la porte est maintenant grande ouverte pour le CT pour venir dans 3 ans nous chercher encore plus...Vous devez savoir que l'enveloppe que le syndicat AFPC a reçu est approximativement la valeur totale qui en coutera a chaque membre dans 10 ans...soit 10 000 000$. Et cela en seulement 2 semaines de négociation!

Lucia Murano

#285 Lucia Murano Training Assistant Regional Staff College

2011-01-17 15:40

I do not want to loose my severence pay when I retire. I will have put in many years by the time I retire and I will have earned the right to receive severence pay upon retirement. There are many other areas to cut back if the government is looking for money.
Lucia Murano

#286 Training Assistant

2011-01-17 16:01

I do not want to loose my severence pay. The government has many other options of where they can trim excess spending.
Paul Jones

2011-01-18 16:24

What you did was wrong! Quit protecting yourselves and stand up for us! That is what you were elected to do! Where was the NO option propaganda?
J. Richer

#288 Peut on nous consulter et nous entendre parfois?????????

2011-01-18 18:14

Bien évidemment, les options qui nous ont été présentées n'étaient rien de très favorables pour les membres. Perte de cette prime de départ et en plus une augmentation salariale qui ne correspond pas du tout au taux de l'indexation du coût de la vie. Quand j'ai entendu ces offres j'avais du mal a croire que l'on nous retirait une pierre angulaire de nos coventions. Bénéfices qui ont été durement acquis par nos prédécesseurs.

Tout augmente autour de nous, sauf bien évidemment nos salaires, qui en fait diminuent en fonction de tout ce que l'on retire sur nos chèques de paie.

Dire qu'il y a tant de millions de dollar investit à l'étranger par la PSAC, argents fournis par les membres de la PSAC et qu'ici on est encore à nous battre pour maintenir des droits acquis!
Rob

#289 Phew

2011-01-18 19:36

Something smells.....
Donna Henderson

#290 CANCEL THE VOTE

2011-01-19 01:39

I agree that the vote was done in a covert unconstitutional way and the only response that we received from PSAC is that they are going to correct the process. Well it is kind of late to think about correcting the process if the severance disappears for no good reason whatsoever.
The members who voted "YES" for this agreement are members who normally would never have anything to do with the Union. As a show of disappointed I for one am dropping out of any and all activities or groups run by PSAC
Dale Tellier

#291 Collective Agreement

2011-01-20 03:31

PSAC regulations dictate what the powers to be must follow or be disciplined even when it comes to the Collective Agreement. I wish others had started to question, got involved, protested earlier to prevent the ratification from occurring. I also hope others will come forth and voice their concerns as I did at our ratification vote. Keep up the fight for our rights before we do not have any. Thanks

#292 Petition

2011-01-20 22:21

Does anyone know if anything is happening with this petition?

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2011-01-21 00:32

#294 calcul de severance

2011-01-21 21:06

Je suis Conseillère en rémunération et nous sommes à nous préparer afin de faire le calcul pour le severance de tous les membres de PSAC donc nous aviser si les démarches ont été faites suite au lancement de cette pétition car rien ne peut arrêter ces démarches présentement et il sera trop tard lorsque nous allons émettre les paiements à compter de la fin juin de cette année. Car plusieurs personnes envisagent l'encaissement de celui-ci étant donné qu'ils pensent que c'est peine perdue d'avance et que c'est impossible que nous fassions renverser cette décision.
Lynda Paradis
The author of this petition

#295 Re: calcul de severance

2011-01-21 21:14

#294: - calcul de severance

Je me pose la question suivante...comment pouvez-vous vous préparer a en faire le calcul maintenant étant donné que les membres ne pourront en faire la réclammation seulement a compter du 22 juin 2011...et d'ici là il en a qui gagne des postes plus haut que leur niveau actuel. Je suis convaincu que vous allez être débordé à compter du 22 juin 2011 mais rien n'est encore terminé et je ne peut en dire plus surtout qu'ils en a qui viennent jeter un coup d'oeil sur la pétition et y laisse leur traces de comiques...donc continuez de faire circuler cette pétition elle doit être plus forte et faut pas oubler que nous sommes 95 000, donc....

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2011-01-21 21:15

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2011-01-22 00:32

Nicole

2011-01-22 00:48

Si les journalites étaient avec nous je crois que ce serait plus facile de rejoindre les membres de PSAC tous les employés dans tous les ministères auraient l information pour signer la pétition
Caroline Simpson

2011-01-24 13:48

Melanie Teixeira

#300 Severence Vote

2011-01-25 15:19

The Union neglected to consult with its members knowing that the members would take a big loss.