Developmentally Challenged have been denied access to services

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Developmentally Challenged have been denied access to services.

2014-11-18 11:46

Boundaries are another HUGE problem to a few. All of greater Sudbury is not being served. Yet we pay taxes for these services like everyone else.

#202 Re:

2014-11-23 13:24

#201: -  

That is apart of our complaint and we hope to address that as well

2015-01-22 08:43

This is absurd! The city of Sudbury seems to really be pushing away the support it so greedily asks for. Just because someone is able to physically move does not mean they have full mobility or mental ability to maintain that movement. I have many family members with mental disabilities and friends who's family used/relied on the Transportation that is now being robbed from them. This breaks my heart and makes me lose faith in the city that I moved back to. I hope this petition is made known and supported.

2015-02-05 14:55

People with disabilities need to overcome so many obstacles already. They struggle to make their way through a world that does not accept them. Most people would agree that people with disabilities should not be institutionalized and yet we need to do more. We need to make it ppossible for them to be included in our community. This exclusion is a step backward!

2015-02-05 15:13

I HAVE AN 8 YEAR OLD AUTISTIC SON!!!!!
1st... Contact The Human Rights Commission
2nd..... Contact The Children's Advocacy Group
3rd.... CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against The City of Greater Sudbury

There IS strength in numbers!!!!

2015-02-05 15:30

City of Sudbury should be ashamed.
laura

2015-02-06 02:03

This is rediculous how can you take such services from people who are truly in need of it I am appalled

Ella

#208 riding on a mobility bus

2015-02-06 03:00

My very sweet 25 year old daughter is also delayed (age 7ish) and uses our city's mobility system because she is not able to navigate, and has no fear of strangers..She would not be able to find her way to the bus stop (the police will go looking if she goes missing) although she walks ok.. but would not find her way to the bus stop to go to ARC industries (work program she attends 2 days /week to stuff newspapers into plastic bags) and to have social time with her friends (others in similar circumstances developmentally)  ..... I too pay for a monthly bus pass. the (mobility bus) forms had to be filled out by her physician and she had to qualify ..
So by taking away their human rights as individuals and allowing them some freedom to travel on their own,  it will punish the parents caring for their children at home and cause frustration for both parents and children including adult children, and cause burnout..
and I don’t want to hear people complain they don’t want their tax $$ spent on my child..
when she was a newborn in a neonatal ICU having seizures they could not control after weeks and we knew there was brain damage and she was intubated,
mechanically ventilated and while in a phenobarb coma... I did ask to have the life support removed and let God decide if she lives or not... (I know some will judge me.. I say cast the first stone after you've walked in my shoes and know the rest of the story...)
I was told 25 years ago by that Neo-natal Dr they would get a court order and I would not get custody of my newborn daughter.. I was still pumping milk and she was almost 5 weeks old.. (just because we can save them.. doesn’t mean it’s always a good thing).. How long do we use Extra ordinary measures or how long do we prolong painful tests or surgeries, Is it right to stop any life support or heroic measures?
after my marriage of 15 yrs buckled under the strain of 4 children (3 healthy) I think she is ENTITTLED to some of your tax dollars ....
Anyways getting back to Mobility for Autistic, developmentally delayed,
Down syndrome, or any other person who is not able to find their way on their own.. or is deemed by their physician to be “not able” to use the regular transit then I believe it is against their human rights to be denied.
... its very sad that our most vulnerable are so de-valued by society ......

" How we walk with the broken speaks louder than how we sit with the great "

2015-02-06 04:11

Anyone that has Autism or any sort of mental disability should be able to take the handi transit. It helps them get around in a safe manner plus it's good for them to get out and socialize with others.

2015-02-06 19:36

The government should be ashamed of themselves, but obviously they really don't care. Lives will be lost and sadly that will not matter to them. This is why governments are not trusted, bottom line money trumps life!!!

2015-02-07 19:30

This is ludicrous!!! The world has gone mad!!! From abortion, to euthanasia, now to this!!! Sickening!!!

2015-02-10 02:20

For the love of Pete - someone who doesn't know ANYTHING about mental illness has made a rash and ignorant decision. City officials - you should be ASHAMED! Another hoop for people with disabilities to jump through. Tsk tsk! Shame shame! :(

2015-02-10 02:35

As a mobility impaired individual I find this totally appalling and unacceptable.I want to know what makes somesomeone more eligible to ride handi transit because the are physically disabled than someone with a mental disability such as autism etc. Isn't it supposed to be a service provided to all handicapped people.

2015-02-10 15:06

How Assinine can a Government be ? Sudbury you need to get your Act together !

2015-02-10 19:33

I think this is uncalled for , action is required, what kind of phsciology is and what kid of respext to our citizens,c'mon people get real.

2015-02-19 19:14

My son is developmentally challenged and we are going through the same thing! It's like putting a 5 year old on a city bus and saying good luck with that! Rediculous!!! what are we to do?!

2015-12-10 03:21

As the parent of a child with a developmental disability. This outrageous me.