please don't put down OZ sumartan tiger hamilton zoo nz

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition please don't put down OZ sumartan tiger hamilton zoo nz.

2015-09-21 03:23

He is a wild animal and should not be put down because of human error after all we took him out of his home to come to the Zoo, therefore not his fault!! Very sad for everyone involved.

2015-09-21 03:24

Human error is no reason to put him down. After all, he is a wild animal

2015-09-21 03:24

Tigers rare enough no need kill another..poor animal was acting on instinct..when a human acts out murders someone we dont put them down like we should cheers

2015-09-21 03:25

Of course the tiger is going to bite or eventually kill someone it its trapped in a fricken zoo! What do you expect. Their not pets , they should run free. Keep them in cages to make money? Serious... This tiger does not deserve to die as he just did what any normal tiger will do!

No one should entirely trust a wild animal. If you cage them and then they turn on their keeper, they may not have meant to kill the keeper. Maybe they were irritated or even provoked, however to kill a wild animal just for being wild is to my way of thinking hypocritical and senseless. That is rather like killing a two year old for throwing a tantrum!

Because I don't believe Oz should be killed for behaving in his natural way. Zoo's are always saying they try to create an "as natural as possible" environment and try to encourage natural behaviours, why should he be killed for using the natural instincts that the zoo have tried to encourage!

2015-09-21 03:26

I signed this petition because I think this is a tragic accident and i wish my deepest sympathy to Samantha's family, Working with animals there is an unpredictable risk, especially with animals of Oz's size and danger level, procedures should be in place to ensure that this never happens. There is no good outcome to destroy this animal because of his behaviour and definately no action should be taken until the investigation has an outcome on what happened and then as with any workplace accident recommendations are made and strict procedures applied to protect these keepers. These types of incidents seem to occur far too frequently.

2015-09-21 03:26

Wild animals need to be protected from humans - don't blame the captive tiger - why was the trainer in the 'cage' and why was the tiger not able to roam in a protected wildlife park?. Consider this - maybe the tiger was provoked, being over-controlled, frightened or scared of a sudden movement. PROTECT OUR WILD SPECIES as a priority -your priority NZ ZOO!

2015-09-21 03:28

This is a wild animal and the risks aren't any less because it is caged and in contact with humans. People who work with these animals accept the risks but these animals do not asked to be caged so should not be killed for acting like a tiger.

2015-09-21 03:29

Find out why the tiger was able to attack and try to prevent any attack happening in the future. Animals have no morals and can't be blamed for unfortunate mistakes. A domestic cat will sometimes scratch and bite. It's their nature.

2015-09-21 03:31

Although it's tragic a lady was killed, it's unethical to put down a tiger for being tiger! This is so typical of our cotton wool society today. If a life is taken, the authorities are instantly out to take another life! Be reasonable, be just, and above all, please be kind!

2015-09-21 03:32

I strongly feel that this beautiful tiger should not be put down. He was born in captivity. Besides these are wild animals and I only wish that they can roam free.

2015-09-21 03:32

I cannot believe they would even consider it! Makes me so mad that humans drag animals into our world, expect them to comply and punish them when they follow their natural instincts. Zoo's are supposed to be our most rexpected animal advocates. Shame!

2015-09-21 03:33

He is a wild animal and the keeper had worked in the environment for many years so I feel she made an error in judgement which cost her her life. The animal can not be blamed for being himself

you cant blame either keeper or oz she didnt realize he was in there and hes doing what they naturally do as an indangered species we are trying to save them not kill them give him a chance

Please don't kill OZ. He was only doing what his natural instincts tell him. Tigers are a big beautiful animal and we all know that there aren't many left in the wild. If I was a zoo keeper and a handler for tigers and this happened to me I wouldn't want the tiger put to sleep. Please please don't put OZ to sleep. Save his life and just think of other options so that another handler doesn't lose their life. R.I.P to the keeper that lost her life.

2015-09-21 03:34

Its natural for a tiger to attack other living beings, its definitely NOT okay to put him down, its not like what Oz did was unnatural. We DON'T kill humans for killing humans do we?!
Live on Oz!

2015-09-21 03:35

Pleeeeeeeeease do not put this amazing animal down....I'm sure the young woman who died would not want that too!!

2015-09-21 03:36

Oz is a lovely tiger. He should not be punished for what comes naturally. This is not what Sam would have wanted.

Because the Tiger should Not be put 2 sleep.more care should be taken around Natural Wild animals

This poor animal did not do anything wrong...He should have been removed before she went in to cage..He is after all avild animal Please spare him.....

2015-09-21 03:39

Our family help fund raise to get Oz over from Israel. The keeper entered his territory. He did not enter hers.

2015-09-21 03:40

As tragic and sad as it was that Samantha died, she entered Oz' enclosure. It was a tragic mistake that she entered while he was still there but Oz was only doing what comes naturally and I know Samantha wouldn't want him to be put down because of human error. Nothing should happen until after there has been an inquest into what happened. The only question anyone should be asking right now is why she entered the enclosure while Oz was still there. R.I.P. Samantha. My heart goes out to you and your family xx

This is a sad and tragic incident but the tiger should not be killed, it is a wild animal who does not deserve to die.

It's a wild animal & always will be....you would think people working with them would know & respect that...