please don't put down OZ sumartan tiger hamilton zoo nz

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition please don't put down OZ sumartan tiger hamilton zoo nz.

Chloe

#701 Re:

2015-09-21 05:02

#1: -  

So sad thoughts are with the family. The tiger is a wild animal I am sure she wouldn't want any harm to come to him. Please save him he is an endangered wild animal and doesn't know any better. We choose to keep them locked up for there protection.

2015-09-21 05:04

I really do feel for the family of the Zoo Keeper, but Oz was only doing what he is doing what he was born to do in the wild.

2015-09-21 05:04

Love animals.

2015-09-21 05:07

I like tigers

2015-09-21 05:10

Tigers are bae

2015-09-21 05:11

This is a wild animal that we have chosen to keep in captivity. This beautiful animal is only doing something that it does.....like a cat catching birds...it makes me very angry...a shark biyes a swimmer/surfer we need for some reason to hunt the shark and eliminate it...yet we're in their world. Leave the animal alone.

2015-09-21 05:12

The most beautiful animal. Not his fault. He is supposed to be a wild animal.

2015-09-21 05:12

The tiger isn't to blame. Why wasn't he contained before someone entered the enclosure?

2015-09-21 05:14

Animals like this belong in the wild in captivity you need to be aware that there are dangers about and you should not turn your back on them or have two people in the enclosure. One as a look out while the other works .

2015-09-21 05:17

These animals are wild creatures in a cage, they act on instinct. We lock them up for our viewing pleasure and kill them if they do something against us. How many innocent tigers have died for human benefit? Condolences to those involved, but surely this could have been avoided....??

2015-09-21 05:17

It's not his fault. He's a wild animal. There are health and safety policies in place to prevent this kind of thing from happening... this was human error and this wild majestic animal shouldn't have to pay for that!

2015-09-21 05:18

Wild animals are predators that are forced to kill to survive. They are NOT domestic pets! They were also meant to roam freely & kill for food, NOT be confined or caged. However, when caused enough stress and confinement they can and will kill in frustration. Humans don't realise the stress and emotional trauma that caging and restriction cause wild animals. Zoos' ugly, enclosed areas can cause them to literally go insane. It is so unnatural for them to be confined like this - it is nothing but a living death for them. We only have to ask ourselves how we would like to be shut up in a cemented area with a glass wall at one end where people constantly stared at us (or similar type imprisonment)? The same old cement or other ground, the same old glass wall, day after day after day. No change, year in year out until we died. The stress would be unbelievable! Zoos should be BANNED - worldwide - they're nothing but a moneymaking venture because of man's greed. You'd think in this 'enlightened' age we would have learned SOMETHING about loving and caring for these fellow global inhabitants. NOTHING will be achieved by killing this tiger. And, it has done NOTHING that is not within its normal animal behaviour range. It is the HUMANS who need to take more care if they are going to take on the risk of confining wild animals.

2015-09-21 05:19

Although Oz has been in the zoo for a very long time he is and will always be a predator he is a wild animal and I'm sure his keeper would hate to see his life end. Condolences to family and friends it is a terrible tragedy that has occurred.

2015-09-21 05:22

As sad as it is to hear about this accident it's because of humans that Oz was even in this situation. Don't punish the animal but hopefully we can learn from this. No animal should be put down unless for health or suffering

2015-09-21 05:22

Don't kill the tiger

2015-09-21 05:24

Because its not the tigers fault that's what his natural instincts are, to hunt etc and it isn't his fault he is held captive from his natural habitat. Yes its sad that the keeper died but she did know what she was signing up for when she got the job, she knew what the tiger could have been capable of and she must have been willing to take that risk if she took that responsibility.

2015-09-21 05:25

The animal did what comes naturally. It's not his fault he's in captivity and probably bored stupid. Surely he could have been secured in another part of the enclosure while the cleaning or whatever was taking place.

2015-09-21 05:25

The tiger is a wild animal and can't be blamed for the attack when it was just doing what is natural to it . There are little enough of these beautiful animals left as it is, and I m sure the keeper would of realized what an honor it was to look after the magnificent animal. An attack would of always been a realistic risk that comes with the job.
Carly

2015-09-21 05:29

I believe that Oz should not be euthanised as he is a critically endangered animal who is part of a captive breeding programe which is vital to ensure Sumartran tigers do not become extinct. I would like to see Oz live out his life as naturally as can be in captivity. It is unfortunate that Oz has killed a human, and my heart goes out to her family, she must have been an amazingly brave woman to work with these apex predators. When considering the future for Oz we must all consider why they were all there in the first place...to conserve these critically endangered animals. Please protect this species, let Oz live.

2015-09-21 05:37

There arent many tigers left. if it keeps going the way it is, my children wont know what a tiger is. They are wild animals, it is not their fault when they do what tigers do. please please please dont harm this beautiful creature.

2015-09-21 05:39

A tiger is a wild animal after all & you shouldn't expect it to behave otherwise. It was never given a choice if it wanted to be caged.
Don't put the blame on this beautiful animal !

2015-09-21 05:44

I signed because this animal is a wild animal and was only doing what is natural

2015-09-21 05:45

The tiger is a wild animal. As sad as this tragedy is, the tiger didn't know any better.

2015-09-21 05:46

It was a terrible thing to happen. my deepest condolence to the Family & staff.
However as these magnificent animals are now so threatened it would be an absolute traged to kill this magnificent creature .
Hamilton Zoo is a very beautiful zoo & I am sure with the tightening of security a situation like this hopefully will never occur again. Parvati

2015-09-21 05:47

It is a wild animal and the trainer knows that before they work with the animals so therfore if anything happens it's the humans fault not the animal.