Say no to stalybridge mosque

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Say no to stalybridge mosque.

iwillkickoff

2013-10-25 21:15

this shouldn't happen for various reasons. 1-there isn't a big enough muslim community in stalybridge to warrent such a place. 2-the traffic going up to mottram rd is bad enough for a few hours each day as it is. 3-the people who live around there and especially on castle hall view/court already have to put up with people going to stalybridge and picking up children from the school but parking up on the square, this will definately get worse if the mosque goes ahead. 4-there are people living within yards of that site, i doubt very much that they would like to listen to call to prayer 5 times a day, not to mention the actual praying, if this was a christian place of worship applying for permission in a muslim area i have no doubt that they would be turned down flat because it doesn't make sense, just like this. They are just a few minor points, i could come up with a whole lot more.

2013-10-25 22:01

no............165 muslims in the general area.....let them go to ashton with everything else

#328 Re:

2013-10-26 00:16

#311: -

It didn't cost you nothing, mosques are not paid for by the taxpayers its all through charity and donations. Please go educate yourself.

Choose a nickname

#329 Subject

2013-10-26 06:14

I do not know why you are all arguing or agreeing with "Jake" he sounds like a very sad 23 year old introvert with no experience of life who sits in his room all day copying and pasting from the web. Which is my point exactly, he does not contribute socially to the well being of Stalybridge which is the same as this "Community Center". It will serve no good to the Council Tax payers or the survival of the town. Traffic will be horrendous, and Morrisons had better watch out because people will just not run the gauntlet to get there and will find alternative shopping. I am struggling hard not to be racist here because in truth if they applied for a McDonalds I would object to that also as that would increase the traffic problems. Stalybridge has enough social problems as it is, and we do not need racial tensions adding to it. There is obviously a larger plan within the Islamic community to get this center going, it does not make sense, when there are so few Islamics in the area and so many empty buildings within walking distance of their communities, so I have to ask why here? The applicants are obviously following this petition, so perhaps one of them would enlighten us. Thank you. Oh yes and 328 it cost us a lot, but that is a whole new argument.

2013-10-26 06:18

I am not usually socially motivated in such a way, has anyone any idea what we can do next to STOP this Mosque? I have written my objection to the council and shall be writing to our MP. What else can we do? Legal, peaceful answers only please

2013-10-26 08:15

It's frightening what the consequences, if planing permission goes ahead on this project.and if Tameside council won't listen to the opinion of people of stalybridge, they are committing political suicide..
Kaidy koo

2013-10-26 08:29

Please inbox author with your email address for a reply with next steps.
Did you get announcement with who to email ?

2013-10-26 09:19

Lol commiting political suicide! This isn't mean girls you dramatic!

2013-10-26 09:24

Also don't think it's fair to dismiss Jake and his completely logical and fair responses to this based on age and a ridiculous assumption that he doesn't work and has no life experience! Lots of people his age have grown up alongside people of all faiths which is why we can't understand the problem.

if we are dismissing Jake I am also dismissing every jobless waster in Stalybridge, and there are loads. Why should any one who doesn't work have a say what happens in this place? None of you are contributing. Half the people commenting on here are bored stay at home mums who need a cause, or people who work part time at a chippy or at tesco. Go and explore the world and you'll realise that it's much bigger than one education centre in a tiny little run down town

2013-10-26 09:35

Of those ages between 16 - 70 in Stalybridge almost a third listed they had NO academic qualifications in the recent census. That explains alot

2013-10-26 09:50

How are people with no qualifications contributing to the community? What kind of life experience do they have? Given a third of 24,000 (the current population) is 7,000 people I'm betting a lot of them have signed this and commented. Makes you laugh really.
dave

#337 racism

2013-10-26 09:50

#329: Choose a nickname - Subject

racism has nothing to do with religion,race is to do with ones ethnic diversity. Also Islam is much more than a religion it is an ideology,if it says in their book you can or cannot do something then they will or will not.

2013-10-26 09:58

After reading some of the later comments on here I'm shocked that others get tarred with the same brush as others ,I'm not a sit at home mother,i work 55 hours a week with in 5 minutes walk of this planned mosque ,I am well educated and I've spent more time working within Muslim communities than most have spent in work ,I'm not some young lad so my points come from what I can class is life experience's with in said areas , yes some Muslim people are nice and friendly ,I speak to one everyday and have a chat before work ,but most look down on white people as they are beneath them because of their lesser faith , I have already said this in stalybridge will cause problems these two faiths or ways of life %95 of the time do not integrate well ,and as Stalybridge has enough problems that is why I voted no ,and will continue to fight to stop this . I'm close friends with the Chief super of West Yorks police and understand the problems they face with the magic RACE CARD which seems to be a easy way out when things down go a certain races way .
If people think my comments are unjust spend time in parts of Oldham ,Bradford and Leeds and go and witness first hand the tensions cause between cultures who have BEEN FORCED to interact. people are blind if they think this will end well if its allowed to go ahead

2013-10-26 10:27

So you're one of the few that are educated. And the Muslim you speak to everyday is one of the few good Muslims? Elsewhere as soon as one community centre is established racial tensions and riots occur? Maybe if there was less hostility there would be less tension

2013-10-26 11:04

Hostility works both ways its my experience that shows me the way things are ,I was always taught to treat others the way you wish to be treated ,shame others don't feel that way, please be careful if you read your comments back one would think that you were trying to insinuate something , perhaps you're not that well educated as you appear to have tarred people on here .

2013-10-26 11:37

No one is insinuating anything. I'm saying that if you're saying Muslims in the area brings trouble as Muslims aren't good for the community I'm calling you prejudice. Prejudice based on religion is racism. So all those saying Islam isn't a race so it's not racist really are clutching at straws.

2013-10-26 11:47

If that's the case then yes I'm guilty of being prejudice of anything !!!! That will harm the community ,and with the greatest respect please don't try and twist what I put ,I treat everyone at face value its a shame others don't ,but then other comments on here seem to be more detrimental to a peaceful debate

2013-10-26 12:02

No one has twisted what you have written. My responses aren't directed at individuals but overall debate. There are disgusting comments on here and a few people pointing out that these are racist and repulsive.

A few people dismissing other views based on a census and pushing someone's valid points to one side because he doesn't contribute to society.

It isn't fair to tar all Muslims with the same brush based on some sketchy experience but not concede that a third of Stalybridge residents are uneducated so the debate is therefore skewed.

2013-10-26 15:50

I keep hearing that we are a multicultural nation. I don't remember being given a choice. This building should be for the people of Stalybridge.

#345 Re:

2013-10-26 15:54

2013-10-26 16:04

This petition needs to be verified. Signatures on there include bysiness' as well as 'Adlof Hitler'
conspiracy

2013-10-26 17:56

Conspiracy to devale local property and flood with asians/muslims and get the local properties at a cut price.
This might come across as paranoid but there is a conspiracy at work here. If a mosque appears in a predominantly white christian area, what do you think will happen the price of local houses? They will devalue..fact. Who will buy these devalued properties next door to a mosque? Yes you guessed correctly, asian muslims, pakistani's, afgani's etc, before you know, Stalybridge will be like Ashtons west end, catherine st area where there is a relatively new mosque, also the same around the top of penny meadow/romney st where there also is a new mosque which is massive and has been there roughly 2 years. The surrouding properties are virtually all muslim/pakistani's. This cannot be allowed to happen again in stalybridge. Its not right.. Its happening all over the country, it might sound a bit like a conspiracy theory but its all based on fact, think about it.
Jake

#348 Re:

2013-10-26 18:07

#334: - Thank you! to those who doubt the logic i put across... Well done in replying by saying i dont work and nothing better to do with my life. (great argumentative points put across there... I am 23, i Work, I am educated, Unlike some of the people in this post. 
But sir what you said is exactly correct... If people dismiss what i say (by the way would be fine) then they have to dismiss the wasters in stalybridge, the people who actually cause trouble without a mosque and ruin the area. I actually had a free day in work yesterday to be able to post this.
I can't Deny your logic either sir! hat off to you :)

Jake

#349 Re:

2013-10-26 18:12

#344: - the choice was made for us... When we struggled with the rise of our cotton industry and we didnt have the skilled people to fill the gaps needed... we turned to the Pakistanis... they contributed to our increase of money made from exports, from the 60's onwards... without them we surely would have crumbled as a country and never would have got to where we are now without them. YES! before you say that the country is in debt at the moment, but without having the MASSIVE export rate we had back in the day, surely our time now would be much worse!
Choice was... Rise or Fall as a county. I wasn't alive at this point, but our Parents, and elders would have chosen Rise!

2013-10-26 20:46

Euww people aren't cattle! You don't need them or not need them and therefore remove their own choices. These people have bought a building with their own money and you have the ordasity to remove that right because you don't agree with their religious principles. You're so misguided in believing your right to protest is more valid that the choice of other people to live as they please.