Say no to stalybridge mosque

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Say no to stalybridge mosque.

#426 Re: Re:

2013-10-31 23:57

#419: - Re:

You're embarrassing yoursen.

2013-11-01 13:53

Our country needs sorting out before they are allowed any more Mosque as they are spreading hate in our country; they seem to be taking over sadly this Blind Government cant see it so very sad how this country is becoming or quote has become'

2013-11-01 17:17

all these people saying the government is blind for not seeing it are so confused. Your opinions aren't mass market, they're really quite niche in the real world. it's also pretty ironic that you are accusing an ENTIRE religion of 'spreading hate' when this entire page is used for spreading hate against them.

2013-11-01 17:21

stalybridge is full of crime. it's so rough as a place to live. alcoholics and underage drinking is a massive problem. single parents and unemployed make up quite a large percentage. robberies and violent attacks aren't rare. I don't know why people are making out that it's this quaint little town that is going to be corrupted. even on the rare chance a huge influx of muslims moved here it wouldnt have a negative effect on the place given all this.

#430 Re: Re: Re:

2013-11-01 19:20

#426: - Re: Re:  No I'm not and meaningless assertions are a patent admission you can't answer the reasoned points I posted.

#431 Re:

2013-11-01 19:24

#428: -  Not the entire religion/culture but a significant part of it. The historical, global evidence for what happens when Muslim numbers increase beyond a certain point is comprehensive and consistent. It isn't hate, simply opposition to Islamification.

#432 Re:

2013-11-01 19:28

#424: briti -  No, don't say they stink. I agree however that there's nothing offensive about the term Paki, no more than there is Aussie, Yank etc. I agree with the other poster that the word nigger is offensive and bad manners and shouldn't be used towards someone as an insult.

#433 Re:

2013-11-01 19:29

#429: -  Yes it would as it would add to the existing problems.

no way

#434 NO

2013-11-01 19:49

Muslims are responsible for most of the wars and killings on the planet, they only believe in peace if you believe in their religion.

#435 Re: Re:

2013-11-01 22:59

#432: - Re:

No I'm sorry that word is really offensive. You can't say it's not offensive because you're not offended by it. Millions of people are and that's all that matters. Don't use it because you can justify it, it's the same logic that meant 'negro' was ever accepted. It isn't a nickname or a collective noun it's a word that only ignorant people use

#436 Re: Re:

2013-11-01 23:04

#431: - Re:

We aren't at a point where any culture is dominant though. A community centre isn't exaggerating this problem or adding to it either, so the point isn't necessary. It isn't modern thinking to try and contain any one culture to stop it spreading.

2013-11-01 23:14

There are more than abiillion more Christians worldwide than Muslims. And Hindus are closely followed with 900million compared to 1.5b Muslims. There are more atheists than Muslims. So this huge growth and rise that you are panicking about and acting irrationally over actually pales into significance when population increases are taken into account.

You saying that economy doesn't have an effect and using no reasoning doesn't dismiss the point. Unfortunately this is what I do. I analyse population fluctuations so if you really insist on speaking on the subject then you're going to have to make some concessions. I'm not saying they aren't going through a period of growth but I'm not sure why you're so concerned when other groups have experienced the same and history has shown us this isn't dangerous.

Your main concern isn't that there is so many people of this faith. It's that you don't like the faith. So that's the point I'd like you to address.

2013-11-02 11:19

Trying to disguise it as a multi cultural community centre!! Don't make me laugh! We all know that Muslims dont intergrate and that they want the whole world to be Islamic... If you want a mosque then go back to your 7th century hell holes and build one there.. We are a Christian country..

#439 Re: Re: Re:

2013-11-02 15:08

#397: - Re: Re:

You're the racist on here. Everyone who can read can see that. You're not fooling anybody.

2013-11-02 15:14

If this Mosque gets the go ahead then every voter in Tameside who doesn't agree with it should at the next elections, both local and national , vote for a far right wing party and make their grievances known that way. Its the only way that the council will take any notice of what we think. If we do nothing then they will just continue to treat us like mugs. Hit them where it hurts, at the ballot box and remove the existing councillors.

#441 Re: Re: Re: Re:

2013-11-02 15:51

#439: - Re: Re: Re:

Excuse me? Read the conversation and you'll clearly see that I was told I cannot be Muslim because I have respect women and gay people. I'm not fooling anyone because the few comments I put on here were responded to with that racist comment and in responded? I have been reading the comments on here but too scared to respond again because of how people are acting. Using the p word saying it's not racist, saying we all smell and all are terrorists. Some people should know better, but some people just think their ignorant opinions are facts.

#442 Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:

2013-11-02 16:30

#441: - Re: Re: Re: Re:

Like I said before. You're fooling nobody.

Average Bloke livin' int Bridge.

#443 Stalybridge

2013-11-02 18:10

Pub Landlord-esque . . .beautiful british sight today in Stalybridge . . .St. George flag blowing proud in the wind above Trinity Church in the heart of Stalybride . . .

#444 Re: Stalybridge

2013-11-02 20:11

2013-11-02 20:46

I posted two comments to the proposer of this "center on their website" as follows are the posts and replies i received.
1.Question:

When will you people get it, we don't want islam in this town, as for
understanding islam, i know all i need to know, LEAVE Stalybridge
ALONE!

NO Mosque
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Answer:

We want to come to Stalybridge which is our town too to clarify that
none of what you have referred to is true about Islam. The message we
are delivering to our fellow Muslims and non-Muslims alike is that
many of the evils that are happening in the world in the name of Islam
have little to do with its correct understanding.

There could be three responses to the phenomenon of religious
extremism we are witnessing from Muslims these days: To throw Muslims
out of existence, to convert them to become non-Muslims, or to let
them know an interpretation of Islam which is both authentic and
completely peaceful. We are convinced that while the first two
possibilities are both impossible and promise disastrous consequences,
the third one is the only possible and effective solution to the
problem. We want to start our efforts to achieve that objective from
our Stalybridge Centre.

Can we also say that it will be our pleasure to sit and talk to you in
person about any issues that you have about Islam and Muslims?

OK so if islam isn't a violent religion, and has a problem, why the need to explain how peaceful it is? Also note the "We want to start our efforts to achieve that objective from
our Stalybridge Centre" What efforts?
Also Note the comment"We want to come to Stalybridge which is our town"
If it's your town too. why would you NEED to come here.
Also note the word" Objective"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK 2nd Post
Question:

As i said, i don't want to understand islam! What right do you think
you have to insist on trying to educate me on a subject i have no
interest in.
And why do you feel the need to inform everyone how peaceful islam is,
unless there is a problem. Isuggest you go to the ghetto's in Oldham,
Longsight, Dewsbury, Etc etc,
to ask why muslims do not intigrate. You will not sway me with
propaganda or taqiyya.
I will re-iterate, it's not wanted or welcome and will cause nothing
but trouble.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Answer:

Okay; if that's your stance, we don't blame you, because you have a
reason for your anger. However, we do have right within the system of
the British society to make arrangements for the purposes of the needs
of our respective cultural groups. We won't force you to listen to us.
It's your right not to be bothered by what we say if you are not
interested. However, what we are trying to clarify is that if some of
your friends do choose to listen to us, they will find our religiously
narrative refreshingly different, one that is much needed by the
troubled world of ours.
Taqiyya, the cunning way of deceiving others by lying you have
referred to, is an attitude we consider unacceptable in Islam. Be rest
assured therefore that what we say we mean it.

Dr Khalid Zaheer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So Here He says "we do have right within the system of
the British society to make arrangements for the purposes of the needs
of our respective cultural groups." Now THAT i agree with, except there is NO cultural group in this town concerning islam! He then goes on to say "THEY WILL" find our religiously
narrative refreshingly different", one that is much needed by the
troubled world of ours." The troubled world he speaks of is that of islam
The final reference i made to Taquiyya he gave a rather odd answer "Taqiyya, the cunning way of deceiving others by lying you have
referred to, is an attitude we consider unacceptable in Islam. Be rest
assured therefore that what we say we mean it." Ok, So he admits taquiyya exists in the muslim community, and then says he isn't lying when he says what he says what he says what he says. Get the picture?
So to finish
Call it what you want, mosque, learning center, library, multicultural whatever.
Until these problems with the islamic ,faith, dogma, doctrine, are addressed by muslims, Not US
then the next great conflagration is UN-avoidable.

#446 Re: Re: Re:

2013-11-02 21:12

#435: - Re: Re:  In your opinion it's offensive, in mine it's not. It depends, like many words, on the context in which it's used. Criminalising words is a sure step in the road to totalitarianism.

#447 Re: Re: Re:

2013-11-02 21:14

#436: - Re: Re:  No but we're HEADING for point where one culture is dominant. The British Islamic population grew ten times faster than any other group between 2004-2008.

#448 Re:

2013-11-02 21:41

#437: -  The subject at hand is the BRITISH Muslim population which is exploding and the problems that is causing, the direct effect being increasing opposition by the British indigenous population such as to the Pineapple mosque proposal. Islamic global growth is also exponential, Hindusim for example is a thousand years older than Islam and yet Muslims are now greater in number. Atheists are disparate individuals not a uniform creed and as such present no specific problem or threat. I'm not panicking just stating the facts and demographics. YOU said the economy had an effect and provided no reasoning, it DOES have short term negligible effects but pales into insignificance when considering the history of this creed and its development over 1400 years, development which points with absolute clarity in one direction. It is a culture of regression, separatism, intransigence, intolerance and would be domination. As their numbers increase they increase influence and gradually suppress and dominate host cultures, a tactic they have pursued for centuries. If population fluctuations were so relevant ALL UK population groups would be burgeoning, they're not. Certain groups globally also, such as Muslims and sub-saharan Africans are growing exponentially, the three countries with the greatest population growth are Pakistan, Iran and Kenya. These are problems that have worsened over decades as many Islamic and Third World countries have totally outbred their own country's economy and economic potential- far too many people (especially young people, 50% of the population of Iran are under 16 years old), not enough jobs. In 1950 9% of the world's population was sub-saharan African, 63 years later it's 35% and rising rapidly. These are the sort of 'fluctuations' you need to address, decades long, unmistakable patterns. My main concern (unless you're a mind reader) isn't that there are so many people of this faith, though that is a very major concern, the main one is their exponential growth PARTICULARLY in MY country. You're right however, I don't like their faith for the reasons outlined above.

2013-11-02 22:06

No mosques churches synagogues . Build places for everyone together religions ain't a good thing anymore

#450 Re: Re: Re: Re:

2013-11-02 22:49

#446: - Re: Re: Re:

Ok. Fair enough. You're the e filthy of society. Someone who cares only for their right to speak but not the effect of their words. You continue pressing your right to refer to people offensively and enjoy working your whole life in tesco