Say no to stalybridge mosque

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Say no to stalybridge mosque.

2013-10-26 23:30

Sorry Jake that wasn't meant as a criticism or negative against your point. Just a few people who have said something similar in a negative light and believe they can ship people out because they're not welcome in society. Reading it back it sounds like I'm against you and I'm not. I feel very passionate about people's rights and hate the though of that being infringed to support hillbillys rights to live alienated from the real world.

2013-10-27 08:58

Lol so because someone opposes something that will cause devaluation of their home ,traffic problems within an already congested area ,they become a hillbilly ,I winder how close if anything you live to the propposed mosque ,my guess you don't live anywhere near

2013-10-27 10:06

I think it's wrong, as my family all live in this area, a very small community, that should stay that way. Trying to get to families homes in the school and tescos traffic is bad enough, and not to mention parking. This will just make things absoultly worse. I think you should reconsider what you want this building to be. You speak for the people because the people put you up for votes. So listen to us when we say we don't want a mosque being built there!!!!!!

2013-10-27 10:08

No hillbillys are those who oppose due to an uneducated view of the Muslim faith. Those signing the petition 'Adlof Hitler' and those who denounce the community centre because it's a violent religion.

Also having looked at house prices and recent valuations around Ashton house prices are consistent with the market which is struggling regardless. Houses aren't worth what they used to be.

I know I'm talking sense when you have to try and dismiss it by wrongly presuming I don't live here, you have no counter. I live very close, within an 8 minute walk and regularly drive through.Traffic is bad, no one is denying it. I'm just uncomfortable with a bunch of people anonymously denouncing a religion for no reason.

2013-10-27 11:08

8 minutes walk not with in the local houses then,

2013-10-27 11:10

Wrong place for a mosque - busy road - parking problems.
corvuscorax

2013-10-27 11:17

definitely a good thing. Stalybridge folk are long time Labour and Tory voters. Now they can have a real taste of their policies and ideology rather than the odd quaint little takeaway or balti restaurant here & there. Take a look at other parts of Manchester - do you seriously think that what is happening there won't eventually land on your doorsteps?? If you'd bothered to look at population trends and birth rates in modern Britain then you might be aware of the fact that in half a century or so Britain will be a majority muslim country. Bit silly in the face of that to fuss over a tiny mosque in 2013 finding its way into your backyard when your grandkids are going to be finding themselves to be a minority in their own native homeland.

No doubt nestled out on a limb beside the more remote southern pennines you all thought you could keep the other side of enrichment at arm's length. Now you're going to have to think again. Sorry people but that's diversity for you, and the agenda of the politicians has been plain for all to see for many years. If this bit of unpleasant news is a bitter pill to swallow then you can drown out the misery with those halal takeaways you're happy to buy whilst watching a game of your multicultural football. With that light relief the changing face of your country rarely ever seems to bother the average Brit much these days. what do they call it.... chickens coming home to roost.

ps - if you that displeased then perhaps you should communicate your mis-givings to the local Labour / Tory fraternity you put in power, I'm sure you'll get a sympathetic ear. Long time antifa Councillor Jonnyboy Tayloy might be one good place to start.

And some fell on stoney ground

#358 Mosque

2013-10-27 13:12

Don't be under any illusions what happens to a local area where a 'so' Community Center AKA Mosque is built, please read the article in the following 'link' this is based on fact and should clarify things for you! http://www.raymondibrahim.com/islam/mosques-are-the-battleground-of-the-war-between-islam-and-the-west/

2013-10-27 13:18

Lol 8 minutes might seem far when you're clinging to a point but it still effects me and I am still in favour of individuals doing what they want. And buying a building and using it as they choose is in line with this. Just like I wouldn't stop anyone opening an off licence despite the level of drunks or a McDonald's despite obesity.

2013-10-27 13:57

If the Mosque is allowed to go ahead it will cause untold problems. Having been born and lived in Stalybridge for over 50 years, I feel I know the people and there way of thinking. every person I have spoken to on this subject is against it, and hostile towards it. This is there democratic right if they want there town and community to remain as it is. If the councillors allow this to happen be it on your heads, because I predict mass trouble and racial tensions. I can also see this lighting the fuse for trouble across the North West. Why not for once listen to the people who matter and do the right thing and say no, the majority have had enough.
Average Bloke livin' int Bridge.

#361 Not on my doorstep ?

2013-10-27 15:59

To silence those who consider education a right to voice an opinion, to those who comment without knowledge of the facts, to those who feel they have been let down by the very people they elected to represent them I would simply ask . . . .'How would you react to a development such as this at the end of your street ?' I have read comments of fear, change, racism, hillbillyism, fascism, nationalism and parochialism. Stalybridge has a strong and cohesive community and should be using this strength to create an even stronger local community. If you truly feel that the Muslim/Islamic community will gain a stronghold in Stalybridge then it is through our own weaknesses. Be strong in our own community, support what it is we consider worthy and this will pale into insignificance to the majority. Concentrate our efforts into what we want and not what we don't want and we will reap the rewards. If like me you consider yourself not to be a racist, if like me you have read the comments here, if like me you are a rational and free-thinking person then I am sure you will be asking yourself . . .'Am I a racist?' Maybe all those that comment here should ask themselves the same . . yes, the lefties and do-gooders also. After all without input from both sides this debate would not be taking place so maybe they too are equally guilty of inciting the intolerance demonstrated here. I would urge you all to consider what you write here with thought before you do so. To conclude with my own thoughts . . . given that Stalybridge does have such a strong and cohesive community then the best way to break that down is through 'divided rule', this is a clear and cut example of that and once our community has been taken apart through division then we will all kneel to the almighty power that is TMBC, think about it . . . who is the greater enemy to our town ??

2013-10-27 16:51

So it now seems that if the indigenous Anglo-Celtic population of these islands do not welcome islamisation in their home town, then it is to be regarded as.... "fear, change, racism, hillbillyism, fascism, nationalism and parochialism" etc etc.

Of course, to support (or be indifferent to) such schemes and trends never gets labelled as complacency, cultural Marxism, anti-white liberalism, short-sighted ethnomasochism. No people, it's labelled as tolerance, respect, diversity, hope etc etc.

As utterly divorced from reality as the left are, they have played a very clever game with words and their impact. Though to those of us with more than just half a brain we can see right through it.

#363 Re:

2013-10-27 17:13

#362: -

More than half a brain ? less than a full brain ? Where do you fit into this debate ? Clearly you are not doing as as I urged and that is to question . . . 'Am I a racist ?'. I can only assume you fall into the category somewhere between half a brain and a full brain . .  It is and was not my intention to engage battle with the likes of you but am happy to as you clearly communicate well. You simply communicate the wrong things. Use your communicative skills in a more pro-active way and you will sleep at night, you will wake up feeling like you did something that benefitted your home town and you will not wonder . . 'Am I making a difference ?' The energy that your insecurity creates could be used in such a positive way but you fail to see that. Think about it . . . .

#364 Re: Re:

2013-10-27 18:15

#363: Average Bloke livin' int Bridge. - Re:

average bloke making average posts. Instead of waffling and spouting platitudes, perhaps you'd care to reveal whether you live as a white British native right in the middle of a muslim neighbourhood.... Because if you don't and you currently reside in Stalybridge and you are white British yourself, then perhaps you ought to put your money where your politically correct mouth is and move yourself and your family right into the middle of some muslim neighbourhood, instead of demanding that the rest of us roll on over and watch another one of our English towns begin taking on the flavour of oldham and Bradford and the likes. In case you haven't noticed chump there's a grooming and rape epidemic relating to muslim men targeting young white girls. Traitorous morons like you are responsible for that, and that alone is one good reason for white communities resisting creeping islamisation reaching their backyards. Just because the powers-that-be bully and cajole us into submissive silence on such matters doesn't in itself determine truth and falsehood.

#365 Re: Re: Re:

2013-10-27 18:39

#364: - Re: Re:

Your resort to namecalling is yet another clear signal to others of your insecurity. Your vocabulary is clearly better than mine but your understanding of social skills is lacking. I am sure that readers of this debate will be able to see that. I am able to use the words that you use but what you seem to fail to understand is that 100's, indeed 1000's of people are reading what you write. I wonder what they think of your lack of ability to engage in debate without resorting to namecalling ? It strikes me that you are not as intelligent as your comments may suggest . . .

2013-10-27 18:41

If you consider approaching Muslims with an equality as though they were any new person you were meeting as traitorous then you are a lost cause quite honestly.

Rape is an epidemic in itself, not linked to any one faith/race. There are an overwhelmingly large amount of cases linked to white people also.

You can call it left you can call it Marxist but these are extreme views. Welcoming people into your community isn't extreme it's human decency. There are much worse problems n the world than integration and your making a big deal over nothing because your scared.

2013-10-27 19:13

Can you imagine if gangs of white British men were specifically targeting young girls from the muslim community for grooming and rape. Does anyone think the pc mouthpieces on here would say it is simply rape and nothing more? Like hell they would, but when it's white girls it is swept under the carpet of political convenience.

#368 Re:

2013-10-27 19:28

#367: -

Pc mouthpiece - Is this a reference to the keyboard warriors in this debate or political correctness ? If the 'anti mosque' commentors on this page are serious about the opposition of a mosque in Stalybridge then surely they would set up a fundraiser to employ legal services to legitemately challenge the application. Ask all the objectors to donate £5 towards the opposition and see how passionate they are then . . .

2013-10-27 19:50

Are really suggesting that white people are stamped down and their suffering is swept under the carpet? That is the most ignorant thing I have ever heard. Equality is still a work in progress for many minorities. Your taking stories you read in the media to support your argument but the media has an agenda especially your favourite the daily mail!

2013-10-27 20:17

don't want any more mosques there are to many
in Tameside.
Stay the 'Bridge

2013-10-27 21:15

No. We've already got plenty of examples in Tameside and surrounding areas of what will happen next if this is built. Inappropriate for the area.

2013-10-27 22:16

Can you please clarify where in Britain is it suitable? If you say noyd then I really will chalk this up as intolerance vs the modern world.

2013-10-27 22:57

Not many muslims debating here, strange that.

2013-10-27 23:05

since when was intolerance a bad thing, except in the minds of woolly-headed liberal milksops?

#375 Re:

2013-10-27 23:17

#374: -

EXactly, Plus just in case all the do gooders aint noticed yet, the MAJORITY of people posting here don't want it. Thats democracy folks, tough aint it.