STOP THE MOSQUE/ISLAMIC CENTRE IN YORK

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition STOP THE MOSQUE/ISLAMIC CENTRE IN YORK.

2011-08-01 03:16

We don't want a mosque here in York or in England. This is a Christian country. Listen to what the people are saying.

2011-08-01 03:39

This page is solely for our rights to voice the fact that we are against the building of a mega mosque, as a free country we are allowed to petition against anything, it does not make us racist or bigoted. I started this petition because people don't seem to be heard anymore I am not racist I just feel that it's about time we did have a say.

2011-08-01 03:45

Abslolute discrace these buildings are and do no way represent Britian

#154 Re:

2011-08-01 03:56

#128: Anna -

Anna I think this country has been more than tolerant to other cultures, however, most cultures integrate with us, most muslims don't want to integrate into the ways of this great country.  Go to Tower Hamlets where mac are prevalent mac who want to turn Buckingham Palace into a mega mosque then tell us that we don't have a problem. Answer me this who would come to our aid if we had a disaster, absolutely no one, we help out every 3rd world country with billions of pounds & still they want to come over here and change things to their way of life. Look @ the news of the 2 muslim teenagers that painted over half naked posters of women advertising lynx because they didn't agree with pictures of half naked women on show as it is against their religion.  Anna open your eyes to the real world honey

#155 Re: Re: Re:

2011-08-01 04:21

#147: Anna - Re: Re:

ANNA not been funny or out but its funny how you call our views on this outdated when the majority of us think it! think its you thats out dated with the views as its clearly only afew peopple that think the same as you! we dont want no more of this taking over our contry! they run england into the groud! i say vote BNP next time! they also run with the same 'outdated views' as the rest of all the truth telling, real british people!!

Robert

2011-08-01 06:40

Unfortunately, petitions and comments here will be ignored and dismissed as racist. If you want to make a difference, note who supports this move and next time there is an election vote accordingly.

2011-08-01 10:10

Don’t let this happen in a beautiful English Christian city like York.
All sign the petition

#158 Re: Re: Re:

2011-08-01 10:28

#145: Anna - Re: Re:

anna why do you put ypu real name like abdul imtiaz iqbal etc you pervert, oh and wear your burka you ugly twat

#159 Re:

2011-08-01 10:33

#128: Anna -

anna you an evil cow piss off back to allah

Anna

#160 Re: Re: Re: Re:

2011-08-01 12:51

#150: - Re: Re: Re:

Anonymus, Pakistan clearly can't embrace the taliban all that much, when they're killing any innocent civilians that oppose them, which is actually becoming quite a lot, seeing as how more and more civilians in Pakistan are becoming opposed to the taliban. Exactly, how much do their government spend on defence rather than healthcare and education for their own people, hence why the majority of the population is living in poverty. I'm not at all against the UK, I love a lot about the UK, it is simply this intolerance that I can't stand

Anna

#161 Re: Re:

2011-08-01 13:05

#154: - Re:

Anonymous, yes this country has been extremely tolerant in some cases, however recently it seems that intolerance has increased enormously. There is a difference between muslim's not wanting to intergrate into society and wanting to keep their faith. I deeply doubt that Buckingham palace will ever be turned into a 'mega mosque' and I don't really think that there are any normal muslims out there that would seriously ask for that. If we had a disaster perhaps no-one would come to our aid, including America... And yet I bet there would never be a petition for another Mcdonalds not to be built or any other American icon. Also, most of the countries Britain provides money for are african countries such as Kenya and Ethiopia, who don't come over to Britain at all never mind wanting to change the way of life. You can't base your view of muslims on two extremist teenagers. I have got my eyes open to the real world, that's the difference, I don't believe that UK culture should remain simply a one race one colour culture. If Britain didn't want these cultures coming through in the modern day then we shouldn't have invaded their countries all those years ago.

Anna

#162 Re: Re: Re: Re:

2011-08-01 13:12

#155: - Re: Re: Re:

ANONYMOUS no you're right you're not being funny at all, your views are outdated, I suppose it's just good for you to find some other like minded people as you're rare in the world. Believe me, out in the real world it is not your view that has the most support. They're hardly taking over the country, as in the case of York people like you don't even want them moving out of a tiny little room in which they have to cram 400 worshippers, they don't run england to the ground, they provide multiculturalism. And I say don't vote in a party who wont even allow black men to join them, there also extremely unpopular in Britain as a whole due to their awful idealistics, hence why they shall never get into power. 'Real British people'- Hardly.

Anna

#163 Re: Re: Re: Re:

2011-08-01 13:16

#158: - Re: Re: Re:

My real name is Anna... Actually my real name is Anna Petrova, I'm the daughter of a Russian imigrant suppose you don't like them either. Why don't you use your real name, perhaps because your ashamed of your racist views. Ha, that's a good one, even if I did wear a burka you'd probably claim that I wasn't conforming to life in Britain and complain some more.

Anna

#164 Re: Re:

2011-08-01 13:19

#159: - Re:

Anonymous 'you an evil' doesn't make sense, to be honest muslim immigrants probably speak better english than you. Also my religion isn't muslim, therefore I have no need to go back to allah, simply because I don't discriminate their religion doesn't mean I follow it, but then I don't suppose you'd understand that.

2011-08-01 14:57

It will be travesty if this goes ahead please don't let york become another leeds or bradford!!

2011-08-01 15:19

£2m is a lot of money, what about
all the spending cuts and job losses we all keep hearing about?

2011-08-01 17:45

Most of us see York as a centre of our historic and christian heritage. A modern structure of Asian design would be out of keeping in this ancient city and an afront to our christian traditions. What would the reaction be ae a proposal to build a £2million Baptist Chapel in Jeddah ?
GETTHEFUCKOUT

#168 NO MOSQUE!

2011-08-01 19:56

This is a discrace, the muslim communty have no respect for the white british people, they choose to move into this country and then treat it like a dump. They spit in the street and don't obey our law what so ever, they also refuse to get a job, have millions of kids and then claim benefits which they aren't entitled to. There are disabled children who need support and aren't able to get benefits which they should be allowed, due to there disablities and cant get them because the goverment are too busy looking after musims. They dont belong here. If you dont work the get the fuck out of our country you sick people. They have the cheek to demand for what they need.. e.g. The mosque.. But refuse to consider the people who have to go without, like the countries new generation.. who are now not obligated to EMA.. which is money to live on throughout college.. because of this.. Purely a disgrace.

IT IS ABOUT TIME THE BRITISH GOVERNMENT STARTED LOOKING AFTER ITS OWN PEOPLE

Actually researched.

2011-08-01 20:02

All of you suggesting it will "spoil the skyline" or ruin the look of York clearly have never even been close to the sight of the mosque. That area is not one of historic beauty, it is a deprived area the fact that anyone wants to spend £2 million to stay in the area should be welcomed. If I was in charge of the mosque I would suggest moving it to a nicer area of york.

Similarly those opposing on traffic grounds, you should realise that the traffic there is already bad, they are proposing a much bigger carpark and cycle facilities. The impact this will have will to widen the road as fewer people will be parking on the streets surrounding the mosque and cycling will be encouraged too. Even if the mosque was not renovated, the number of people worshipping there will continue to increase so if the renovation was rejected the traffic situation would actually be worse off.
GETTHEFUCKOUT

#170 Re:

2011-08-01 20:05

#169: Actually researched. -

Its more beautiful than Islamabad is!!

Dubious

2011-08-01 20:09

Only 45% of respondants from York, so 55% are just islamaphobes putting their prejudiced beaks in for no reason. and and only 80% of the respondants have unique IP addresses, nothing devalues a petition like multiple signitures from the same people, just ask the chartists.
Actually researched.

#172 Re: Re:

2011-08-01 20:13

#170: GETTHEFUCKOUT - Re:

More evidence that you do not know what you are talking about. The Faisal Mosque for example is beautiful, and lake view park is another example.

2011-08-01 20:28

anna your also a comer in FUCK OFF NOW

2011-08-01 20:34

Anna are you in islamist

2011-08-01 21:10

ANNA STANDS FOR
ASSHOLES
NEVER
NEED
ALLAH