STOP THE MOSQUE/ISLAMIC CENTRE IN YORK

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition STOP THE MOSQUE/ISLAMIC CENTRE IN YORK.

2011-08-01 00:25

In this time of hardship and cutbacks, waste 2 million on this, put it to good use, for gods sake!!!

2011-08-01 00:26

we should get rid
Anna

2011-08-01 00:27

this is an absolutely disgusting page, the intolerance of some people in this country is dreadful! Some of these muslim people have had to flee their own country due to foul conflicts, poverty and inequality so the suggestion they should 'go back to when they came from' in order to worship is a bit ridiculous

#129 Re:

2011-08-01 00:28

2011-08-01 00:28

anna your an idiot
Julian_UK

#131 No to mosques!!

2011-08-01 00:30

Muslims are taking over this country.

Can you IMAGINE what would happen if we decided to go over to Muslim country and started building churches there? They wouldn't allow us to do that - not in their land. But it's OK for them to come over here and build theirs.

Islam is all they think about morning, day and night. Their sad lives revolve around their religion. If you critisize it, or heaven forbid make fun of their Prophet Mohammad then you're in trouble.

Muslims have no sense of humour whatsoever. None.

This government is far too soft on Muslims. It's time they stopped pandering to their every whim.

This is GREAT BRITAIN, we cannot and will not stand for this!!!

#132 Re:

#128: Anna -

are you a muslim?

#133 Re:

go live in a muslim country and come back,bet u would say something totally different! get a grip empty head,its not just any old city here love,its a historic city

#134 Re: Re:

2011-08-01 00:33

#132: - Re:  

just think shes a leftie do gooder!

#135 Re:

2011-08-01 00:33

get back in your mosque you heathen

#136 Re:

2011-08-01 00:34

anna

2011-08-01 00:37

guest 130, that was a fantastic argument, 'you're an idiot' yeah good one. Guest 132, no i'm not a muslim I simply have some tolerance towards other religions. Guest 133 I don't understand why I would feel differently were I to go and stay in a muslim country, and yes it may be a historic city but places have to move along with the times... That is how history is created after all times changing and architecture changing with it, oh and well done to all of you for remaining anonymous clearly none of you can be that proud of your views

#138 Re:

2011-08-01 00:39

#104: -  

ur so right.i feel this will take away everything york has in history,its so fucking unfair,its not right,stop this shit

2011-08-01 00:43

i am certainly not a racist in any shape or form i have many Muslim friends in fact but.....just as an example, there is a total of 2 churches in Tunisia; a Muslim country with a massive population of people within the catholic faith who should they wish to attend church must travel to one or should they wish to practice their religion must do so within their own homes. Any foreign immigrants wishing to abide in Tunisia must adopt the country's traditions and culture or they will not be welcome nor cope to live there comfortably. They do not provide any legal documents with a choice of languages if you do not speak their national tongue you must find your own translation, they do not provide Multi-cultural teaching in their schools, their convicts are not provided for within their prisons, their family's must provide for them or they do without,they do not offer Multi- national products in their shops and restaurants,any foreigner wishing to have residency must be able to financially support themselves and be prepared to pay any legal, medical and housing expenses regardless of circumstances ect..and YET; Their police and laws are respected, their children respectful, their family values are utmost, their crime rate extremely low.ect..it just works....i am sure there are other countries around the world that also uphold this sort of regime; Australia for instance.!!!...when will the British people be proud of their country and insist on its traditions be passed down from generation to generation, respect their country, stop worrying about upsetting non British nationals. Enough is enough, this is just another step showing that in England non British nationals can do what you want, get what you want, have everything laid on a plate for you and get the utmost respect from Britain and it people, whilst the British must put up with listening to, reading and seeing non British cultural documents, buildings, voices ect every day of their lives.. where must proud British people go to feel as though they are actually in England??!!!!!
Anna

2011-08-01 00:44

Guest 134, no i'm not a leftie dogooder either, I think you'll find most people share the same view. Guest 135 i'm not a muslim therefore have no need to 'get back into a mosque' and believe me it's not those who visit mosques who are the heathens, it's anyone who shares the views that you do

#141 Re:

2011-08-01 00:45

#137: anna -  

took u awhile to come back with an answer!!!! why whould u feel differently...ok,the muslim culture is very different from western culture.....upto them what they do,not bothered by that,but the way u arse kiss is odd,very very odd,strange in fact.in a nutshell,or case (ahem*) muslim men treat women like SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats what i mean!!!!!!! move along with the times??? maybe u should move along with the times and stop sitting on the friggin fence!!!!! bollocks,sit and think about that fuckwit

#142 Re:

2011-08-01 00:46

#140: Anna -  

u are a leftie,its what they call people like u.give up,ur seriously out numbered on here 

2011-08-01 00:47

Not a good idea.

#144 Re:

2011-08-01 00:49

#143: -  

best not say that,cos anna the leftie will try and get smart with u on here,takes her awhile to come back with something at u

Anna

#145 Re: Re:

2011-08-01 01:12

#141: - Re:

I'm deeply sorry for not replying inside of your specific time frame, I did not realise that you valued my conversation so highly. I'm sorry but i'm afraid I don't understand your argument all that well as your not particularly eloquent when it comes to voicing your opinions. You claim that you have no quarrel with the muslim culture and then you go on to claim that all muslim men treat their women poorly ( I shant use your actual words as it is the vocublary used by a person who is unable to argue without attempting to bully everyone towards their point of view by using obsenities), firstly with this you contradict your own argument and secondly you are stereotyping a LOT by claiming that muslim men treat their women poorly when a lot of the time this is not actually the case, it is simply bigots who cannot be bothered to understand another's culture who choose to believe this. I am moving a long with the times unlike you who's views seem to remain firmly in the dark ages.

Anna

#146 Re: Re:

2011-08-01 01:15

#142: - Re:

I'm sorry but I refuse to accept that I'm a 'leftie' as politically that is a label given to the communist party and being half russian I firmly resent that label. No, I wont give up because I'm not going to bow to the pressure of you and all of the other intolerant people on this site.

Anna

#147 Re: Re:

2011-08-01 01:16

#144: - Re:

I don't need to 'try' and get smart with you, your views are so outdated that it's not difficult to out smart you, and once again I'm deeply sorry I can't reply to you within your specific time frame

#148 Re:

2011-08-01 01:37

Anna you are so wrong 90% of muslims in this country are from pakistan which is not in confict or in poverty.as for asylem seeking muslims why dont they seek it in the next safe country to thers is it because of our free bank,free house,free heathcare.im sorry anna you are too much of a do gooder people like you are why our once fantastic country is now a GHETTO

Anna

#149 Re: Re:

2011-08-01 01:58

#148: - Re:

Considering 16.8% of muslims in Britain are Bangladeshi and 8% are Somalian, I believe your statistic of 90% may be incorrect. Also how can you claim that Pakistan is not in conflict when the taliban is free to kill civilians at will and not face justice for it, and how can you not claim it is not in poverty when it is widely accepted to be an LEDC. A lot of countries around Pakistan are not safe though and why would anyone choose to live in a country near to them when they know they are able to access better healthcare and education for their children in Britain. The same Britain which claims to be democratic and give equal rights to all people, and yet when migrants from Pakistan and other countries come here and stick to their own religion they are discriminated against. You seriously believe that it is immigrants who are making this country a 'ghetto'? People such as Amir Khan and Phil Jagielka who are descendant from migrants that make this counrty proud.

#150 Re: Re: Re:

2011-08-01 02:15

#149: Anna - Re: Re:

anna pakistan embraces the taliban there is no confict with them loook for bin laden...as for being in poverty how much do they spend on defence...a lot more than we can afford,so how come you are so against your own country,this is the uk our uk